• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ugh!!! I just ripped my door skin

WASP1971

Loc.
Mary Esther, Florida
I was putting on my new QD hinges and, holy crap those doors are heavy, somehow I got the top hinge discombobulated and now I have two rips on either side of the hinge in the sheet metal. I got disgusted and just came inside. I can't go look at it again. Not a good evening.?:?

Jr.mudflinger

Loc.
Oakley, CA
When I first took off my doors, I unbolted the bolts attached to the door itself instead of the bolts attached to the body because they were stuck. When I started to loosen one, the head broke off leaving the body inside the door, making me unable to take it off without ripping the metal. So, I do what any logical teenager does: calls his "smarter" buddy. He shows up, doesn't understand I can't get the door off because of the bolt inside on the flap that bolts to the door to keep it on is stuck. So, he just pulls at the door as hard as he could, doing what I tried to avoid. He then realized what he'd done. I grab the door from him, all mad and that's when karma gets me: I drop the door on it's corner. Bending in the corner a ways. We eventually re-shaped everything to normal. Never taking the doors off that way again.

redtail

I did the broken bolt thing myself...

don't feel too bad man, broncos are supposed to have body damage!

However the best way I have found is to roll the window down, sit down on the rocker/door sill put my knee under the door and hold the top with one hand, unbolt with the other. works perfect!

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
That sucks WASP! Sorry bro. Maybe some minor body work can make them look better...it's not a super visible area.