• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Uncut lift, suspension and rear axle

prolinejohn

Keeping my 73 uncut for now no rock crawling i live in florida. Drove it around yesterday and it was shaking like no body business. Got out and the rear end was turned to the right. Got under and the bottom leaf on both sides are turned one leaf width. Look over at back of left rear wheel and see black drip not good. I was making a project list for my repairs but know things have changed. Will replacing the leaf springs fix this problem? Any recommendation for springs? Since I have to replace the rear seals are there any other things I should do to the rear end besides the shocks (I read on posts that Bilstein shocks are a great ride. I also saw a post for the drill and tap for cover drain.) One more. I think a 2.5 lift will do but have I no idea what kit will give me the best ride any suggestions.??

Thanks for all the help
JO
Poster here a God Sent for the rest of us.
;D

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
are the springs cracked or just missing the clips that hold them together? Depending on $, you can have the springs rebuilt by a spring shop. Also count on new rear brake shoes if gear oil is leaking out of a seal....shocke should be ok if not bent or leaking.