• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Unexpected Bronco Article

2kuwl

Loc.
Wisconsin
I found this article in Esquire's Big Black Book Spring 2009. For those not familiar with the publication its basically a "wish book" for the very wealthy ie: $17,000 watches, $4,500 suit jackets, etc. Not that I can afford any of that, but it's fun to look. Anyway one of their three recommended summer vehicles was our beloved humble Bronco. It was very surprising to see it amongst the other insanely expensive things that no man should be without. I have a high resolution PDF of the page if anyone wants me to email, I will be happy to do so.

Attachments

• Bronco Page.jpg
    Bronco Page.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 213

malonejy

Bronco Guru
I better make sure I put on my $17,000 watch on next time I go for a ride ;D

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Thats all we need, for the rich hi falootin crowd to get interested in our beloved horses! It's not as if they are cheap right now, let the big money crowd get into them and watch the prices climb (right outa my reach!).

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC
I agree... Keep it a poor mans dream. I already tap the bottom of the piggy bank for it. I don't need any cavier in my seat cushions foulin things up...

OP
OP

2kuwl

Loc.
Wisconsin
I guess since the magazine is meant to recommend items of high quality and taste I shouldn't have been too surprised to find a Bronco in there. It was followed by a brand new Ferrari California though.

djhudson05

I would like to see some of those stuck up snooty people have to get dirty and work on one, wouldn't that be a good laugh!

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
Thats all we need, for the rich hi falootin crowd to get interested in our beloved horses! It's not as if they are cheap right now, let the big money crowd get into them and watch the prices climb (right outa my reach!).

You pretty much described all the celebrities in L.A. who buy Broncos (vintage Landcruisers, too), pay way too much for them, and drive them twice a year.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
That's awesome. EBs ooze class (or is that gear oil?) and its about time they get their proper recognition!

barronj

Bronco Guru
One of the lead actors in Lost tonight had one as a daily driver for this episode. It showed him driving it twice, and was in at least 4 scenes. The upside was my pants got tight, the downside is probably 90% of the viewing audience thought it was a jeep.

They seem to be popping up a lot in prime time TV... that will drive demand at some point.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Are we all Sportsmen?

http://www.esquire.com/style/fashion-story/american-men-style-0310

The Sportsman
Also Known As: The jock, the running man.

Dress code: Technical sportswear mixed with jeans and T-shirts. First known sighting: Northeastern prep schools, 1960s. Recent sighting: The express line at Whole Foods. Hall of Famers: JFK Jr., Lance Armstrong, Tom Brady. Signature accessory: Sigg bottle. Bragging rights: Training for marathon number seven. Cause for stress: Trick knee. Pickup line: "Didn't we meet at the Ironman last year?" Favorite book: The Call of the Wild. On his iPod: Phish. In his driveway: 1973 Ford Bronco. In his closet: Nylon jacket ($695) by Burberry; nylon vest ($450) by Moncler; cotton sweater ($245) by Stone Island; cotton jeans ($165) by J Brand; steel-and-PVD 007 watch ($880) by Red8World; Cordura backpack ($225) by Jack Spade; carabiners by Omega Pacific; water bottles by Sigg.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/style/fashion-story/american-men-style-0310#ixzz0gUqo0Xf6