• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Up and Running again- Boy did I speak too soon !@#$@!)#$

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
I was having repeated, frustrating fuel issues which left me stranded sever times over the last few months. I believe it was vapor lock as the stock fuel line was running right next to the headers. I took the opportunity to re-plumb the fuel system and do some additional upgrades. When all was said and done I installed a new Carter electric fuel pump w/oil press switch, new fuel lines to the existing electric fuel switch(I have it wired to the gauge switch on the dash), new coil, performer intake and Edelbrock 4bbl. I had some wiring issues and it took this past weekend to get her to crank over. Now that she is running I will be forced to tear it apart and install the front disks. WHY CANT I STOP. PLEASE HELP....................
IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

Last edited:

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i know the feeling bro. i'll go out to check the fluids, next thing i know i have the front suspension torn apart installing radius arms...

NVraider

Loc.
Elko Nevada
I just got my rig running and I also have boxes of new disk brake parts to put on but this mornings temp and snow have me on the computer instead. Where did you get that battery tray/holddown setup?

OP
OP
jcwalsh1

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
WOW, I am a bad mechanic. It was running just fine until I put it in gear and tried to drive out of the garage. It started popping lost all power and stalled. I was backfiring and burned a nice hole in the new foam filter. I pulled the plug wires (without marking where they were) and it seems the 4 cylinders on the passenger side were firing and the drivers side was not. I was sitting in the middle of our road and ended pulling all the wires from the distributor cap and no matter how I put them back was unable to get it even running again. I did the #1 to TDC and the distributor cap #1 marking was in the right place and reinstalled the wires 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 counter clockwise. Still a no fire.

It took me 3 big Jack on the rocks before I was even able to calm down and write this. I can only say I am happy the insurance on the Bronco does not cover fire right now.

jetsg4

Loc.
Baton Rouge
i feel your pain. sometimes i feel like these broncos are "union broncos", they work when they want.

on the plus side, i LOVE how clean your underhood is. mine will be there one day.... i hope.