• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Update 4/8 - Black and Red build thread.

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
zstrpx.jpg

Brought it home today. It's my first and it's gonna be a DD.

'68, 289, 3spd

The good:
  • Body is super solid, all rusty areas were replaced during frame off resto
  • New floor pans from front to back
  • Motor runs like a scalded dog, rebuilt 2 years ago.
  • 3spd shifts great

The not so good:
  • Still a 3spd on the column, need to convert to the floor
  • The interior still needs work. need new seats, stereo, console, arm rests
  • Kick rod going to the carb is bent, gas pedal feels like you have to stomp it
  • Power steering has a slight leak
  • Driver door needs a little adjusting. doesnt shut quite good enough
  • Missing some small accessories like marker lights and one bronco emblem

But I'm officially an owner now! No longer just an admirer! Been looking for one off and on for about a year and a half, then seriously looking for the last 6 months or so.

HUGE thanks to NGABronco for being a EB mentor while I've been looking, and constantly reminding me to chill out and wait for the right EB. And also a HUGE thanks to red71sport for tipping me off to this particular one in the first place and giving me every imaginable take on it. There were absolutely no surprises when I got there thanks to that dude.

Last edited:

Broncology

Looks VERY nice! Patience pays off! I look forward to seeing it around town! Not that it needs any work, but what are your plans for it? Lift, tires, sell the body to me???

OP
OP
abe_froman

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
Sure, I'll sell the body to you! But beware, i've grown attached already and the sentimental part might cost you a little! ;D

We didnt even get an hour away after buying it and a guy at Krystal offered me $2500 more than I paid for it! Kinda thinking now that I should've taken him up on it! That would've been a nice day's paycheck just for driving a few hours.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Congrats on your first bronco glad to welcome you to the bronco family. you will have your good times and frustrating times with your bronco ;D but dont worry there are many great people on here that would help you any time

Doyle

Bronco Guru
Sweet score. I been at mine for five years an it still don't look that nice.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Looks great man. Every time I have bought one or been with someone that just bought one, it never fails that someone offers to buy it a gas station. The only problem I see right now is that we need more pics.......

MattW

abe,

I drove that one here for red71 when he was looking. It really is about 92% from being complete and overall a great Bronco. I haven't seen it listed on Craigslist for a while so I had figured the guy had finally sold it. Glad to see it went to somebody on here and that it will be appreciated. The guy that owned it really wasn't attached to it so it's good to see it find a good home.

You're right about that gas pedal too, it's a little awkward, ha.

MTBronc

Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Congrats! I just got my first one and it is a nice thing to think about. Mine is not as nice looking as yours but you have a sweet looking rig there!

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey abe, Congrats!!! You'll have a lot of fun with that little red 68'. Leave that 3 speed on the tree... wait and put the 4 sp. in the floor!!!!%)%) You're rollin' now!!! Good Luck, see you in Townsend 2011!!!:cool::cool:

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Nice score! Interior work is easy and a great way to "personalize" the Bronco the way you want. I'd consider that a good thing. Do the column to floor conversion at the same time so you dont have to mess with the carpet more than once.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nice score! Interior work is easy and a great way to "personalize" the Bronco the way you want. I'd consider that a good thing. Do the column to floor conversion at the same time so you dont have to mess with the carpet more than once.

X2. Looks to be at the point you can still add your touches to "make it yours" - both the interior and exterior.

Very nice looking Bronco.

red71sport

Loc.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Awesome!! If you haven't fixed that "weird" accelerator feel, I have an entire carburetor kick rod set up. You can have it fo free!! Now, let's go for a ride

OP
OP
abe_froman

abe_froman

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
Thanks y'all!

Replies like these are what finally pushed me over the edge towards buying one. I've never seen a community like this, it's like a faaaaaamily

*group hugs*

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Great looking truck, Congrats! I looked for about a year and a half before finding mine too (Thanks Mac2Nite)

Was this the one for sale @ SuperCelebration this year?

Last edited: