• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

US Shift trans controller mounting

texasgalfal

Hey everyone!

I'm not sure what everyone is doing to mount their US Shift trans controller, but here's what my husband and I did for ours. We wanted the trans controller visible.

I'm sure there are some prettier ways to mount it, but this was what worked best for us. Maybe someone can see this and get some ideas and modify it to work best for them.

We purchased a cubby from WH (no hole). We measured and cut the opening for the trans controller. If anyone else has a US Shift trans controller, y'all know how great they are but how terribly placed the wires are! It took some creativity to get it mounted. We attached the trans controller to a piece of wood the width of the cubby and adjusted the depth so that the trans controller would fit flush with the cubby. We screwed into the wood on each side of the cubby to hold it in place. I primed and painted the cubby after we were done cutting it, but time will tell how well the paint holds up. I used Eastwood self etching primer.

Please excuse the look of the floors. Flooring is on our to-do list! :)

Attachments

• 92BF1395-CF84-4740-8F00-114F37D1FCC1.jpg
    92BF1395-CF84-4740-8F00-114F37D1FCC1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 51
  • C522DB9F-C4BF-4B33-B45F-ADF2D500490A.jpg
    C522DB9F-C4BF-4B33-B45F-ADF2D500490A.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 049717BC-1221-4740-9211-ED728723F271.jpg
    049717BC-1221-4740-9211-ED728723F271.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 50

JSBX

Contributor
Thanks for the write up. I was planning on doing something similar but I am adding a marine radio that fits in a round hole in the cubby also. Those controllers are great but they are a pain to mount where the wires will be hidden. Great job!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I have asked Karl and Kevin to come up with SOME other design for the past 11 yrs so customers could actually mount the controller easily AND we could still read it when glanced at when driving. We talk several times/year.

Kevin said last year around Christmas they would release their first prototype of a separate LED readout that could be mounted remotely.

Well, that didn't happen because they've been so slammed the past couple years.

Twe different designs are on the table. One a basic one and one much more complex. It would/could be remote mounted. Both require the customer to trade in their old Controller and purchase the new controller and remote module. I asked if we would lose all our tunes and if we would have to reprogram all our tunes and he said...

I'm not holding my breath.

Great product but...