• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Used Gen 3 Coyote search

TX73Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Denver
Continuing my build of the 73 Ranger, my searches for a low mileage gen 3 coyote has been great except one issue. All of the engines come with the 10R80 two wheel drive mustang transmission attached. When I ask to just buy the engine the response is a very solid no. Does anyone have advice on how to source a quality used low mileage engine without the mustang transmission and then buy the F150 10R80 4x4 transmission?

I did use the search function to help answer this and didn’t find anything. hopefully I didn’t miss it.

OP
OP
TX73Bronco

TX73Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Denver
I got mine off Ebay with no trans
I’ve called a few places advertising them on eBay, they all told me they won’t separate the transmission. I’ll keep looking, someone will do it eventually or I’ll just order the crate engine from Ford performance or wherever the best price is.

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I ran into the same problem and the 2 wheel drive 10r80 is not an easy resell. They are also becoming more scarce since Ford has moved on to the Gen4 and no longer has any Gen3 available. Power by the Hour bought every Gen3 Ford had in the warehouse so they have a monopoly on them.