• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

USPS ruined my surprise....

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
I ordered a 23 gallon fuel tank for my wife's 72 halfcab. Was SUPPOSED to be a Christmas gift for her. I didn't want her to know about it so I mailed a check to BC. I sent it priority and it SHOULD have been there by last Friday at the least. I tracked it last Friday to see if it made it..... Keep in mind I'm 300 miles away in Texas, the same state BC is in. So guess where it was last scanned on Friday......

If you guessed Indiana, you guessed correct! WTH? I'M SO PISSED!!!! No way it's gonna happen for Christmas now. At this point it will be amazing if it ever makes it to BC...... Jackasses. And as an added bonus, my brother in Albuquerque sent me a bacon scented candle. It was well wrapped in bubble wrap. It showed up today BROKEN! I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for the u.s. mail service right now.....

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Well that sucks. I have little faith in the USPS and only use them when I absolutely have to. Rant on.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Most likely your tank was shipped from the manufacturer to you. It probably wont even go to BC's store. Many of the vendors do the same thing not all the parts they sell are in stock at there store. Id say it may make it if it does go straight to you.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
My local USPS is one of the worst in the country. 75182. I NEVER send checks through that PO, and never ship. I have had countless items in the last 15 years destroyed by that PO and checks mailed through it lost. two warrants for my arrest over speeding tickets that never made it and loss of deferred adjudication settlements. Magazines and packages show up destroyed. I shipped a riser for a soft top out through the PO I sold on e-bay and the guy gives me negative feedback because it never showed and he couldn't be bothered to contact me and let me know. :)

I had insured it and put a tracking number on it. It couldn't be found. It didn't even show up in the system. I tried to get the insurance and they said they wouldn't pay without the item and that seemed convenient since they lost it. two weeks later it shows up unwrapped and bent in half on my front porch. They still wouldn't pay for the insurance and wouldn't even refund the shipping. I started up the food chain and ran into so many road blocks and transfers I finally just did what their system is designed to do and decided it just wasn't worth the trouble.

I have since told everyone that ships to me to not ship USPS and we drive into another zip code to mail anything that is important.

I recently forgot to require UPS of FedEx on a purchase from summit racing. It was one order but it came from three different warehouses. One arrived two days late the next one week and the next three more days later. All of the packages had tracking numbers, and all showed delivery at the warehouse and delivery to the local Dallas sort but the tracking then stopped on two of them the one the tracking did show when from 75182 to Maybank TX. then died. I called the Maybank TX POP and they said yes we had it 75182 sent it to us and we sent it right back. Maybank actually told me that 75182 was well know in the system to be the absolute worst PO in the state and possibly the entire country. When I asked why if it was so well known it didn't get fixed the reply was what do you expect from a service owned and operated by the federal government and staffed by one of the most powerful unions in the world.

I am really sorry for the rant , but hearing your story just pissed me off. All of my neighbors have had similar experiences and we all drive to another zip to do any business through the USPS.

All I can say is at least you were lucky enough to know where the check actually is.

OP
OP
rastiss

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
I went to the post office where I mailed from this morning. They are "very concerned", whatever that means. They are trying to "investigate it". Just really bummed.... It's a $500 purchase with some other odds and ends. Making this purchase doesn't really allow much for a plan B. My plan was to install it Christmas day and let her make her first drive around the block in "Poncho"....

IMG_20140611_194532_020_zpsfb45d0a2.jpg

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Your wife looks to happy to get to awfully upset over it.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I've received several of the soft packages via USPS so far this holiday season. Each one had the corner of the package ripped open as if the mail handlers peeked inside to see if they contained any valuables. I guess they weren't interested in the contents as the packages were otherwise still whole. In analyzing the ripped area, it's clearly from a hand as you can see the finger impression marks that get left in the soft stretchy plastic. If you think about it, it's definitely a malicious crook! Meaning you could rip the corner and peek in every package, but if it wasn't what you were looking for, the package would still get delivered intact and the recipient therefore can't open a claim or dispute of any sorts as the shipment still arrived in one piece. So they peek in every package then only steal the ones of value (gift cards, jewelry, etc.) in order to keep the theft occurrences down and only targeted on valuables..

F*ing crooks..

Hopefully your funds were a check and not money order...

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
i dont mean to turn this into a PO rant, this should be my last.

I've received several of the soft packages via USPS so far this holiday season. Each one had the corner of the package ripped open as if the mail handlers peeked inside to see if they contained any valuables. I guess they weren't interested in the contents as the packages were otherwise still whole. In analyzing the ripped area, it's clearly from a hand as you can see the finger impression marks that get left in the soft stretchy plastic. If you think about it, it's definitely a malicious crook! Meaning you could rip the corner and peek in every package, but if it wasn't what you were looking for, the package would still get delivered intact and the recipient therefore can't open a claim or dispute of any sorts as the shipment still arrived in one piece. So they peek in every package then only steal the ones of value (gift cards, jewelry, etc.) in order to keep the theft occurrences down and only targeted on valuables..

F*ing crooks..

Hopefully your funds were a check and not money order...

What's really maddening is that the supervisors know this stuff goes on and are either powerless to do anything about it, afraid to do anything, or a part of the problem. And some people wanted our government in health care as well......................

I'm not going to get started on the whole useless ness of a postal money order. Wait tell you need it, there is actually no protection there unless the local postmaster cares to do something at both ends of the transaction.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably too late now, but talk to Chuck. Order with a CC, to get it shipped, then ask him to pull the charge when he gets the check.

OP
OP
rastiss

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
Yeah, the whole reason was to NOT use a credit card. For 2 reasons, I hate them AND my wife would have caught it. It's too late now.

OP
OP
rastiss

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
My check finally made it to BC on Friday afternoon. Took 10 days to go about 300 miles. They got it shipped out Monday. According to UPS, tracking shows it made it to town and I should have it Friday.

OP
OP
rastiss

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas

While that may be a feel good story for a postal worker, in reality, they blew this deal. They wouldn't even refund the $5.75. So they screwed up on the present for my wife...no biggie, right? May I add submit exhibit #2? Keep in mind, the u.s. mail was only involved twice this Christmas for my family. My brother sent me this very fragrant bacon candle for a present. But instead of 10+ days to go 300 miles, it covered 575 miles in just 2 days.....
IMG_20141222_082332_731_zps09420709.jpg

Way to go USPS, you guys rock!