• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

value/rarity of a '66 U13

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
I was just wondering how rare it is to find an early 1966 U13? thats what im driving now, theres almost nothing stock on it, and I have no intentions of selling it, but was just curious as to if this model is more valuable or rare. the full vin is U13FL738761, which indicates it was also in the first month of bronco production ever, aug 1965. Any info from you bronco heads would be great!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Very Popular, somewhat rare to find a good Roadster.

Would definitely say they have a little more value depending on the condition of course..

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
In collectible condition I think that the early production date adds to the value. The roadster also adds some, but in my mind, it doesn't add much unless its in original condition.
Tom

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
If you don't have any of the original roadster parts, if it has been lifted, cut, and had large tires added to it - basically a standard Bronco, there isn't all that much value to it. It would cost a fortune to return it to a true roadster.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
....However most of our ears perk up when we hear "Ive got a U13"

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Maybe I'm just lucky but I have found early 66 roadsters in the city where I live and we have less than 100,000 people. They are out there, you just have to look and check the VIN, none of the ones i have found are still roadsters. I have a half cab on mine.

OP
OP
quikdrummer

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
cool, thanks for all the answers. i had kinda figured that since it has been modified quite a bit that it wouldnt have as much collectors value.

i've had this bronco since before i first got my drivers license, and my dad helped me get it road worthy, so it means a little more to me than most vehicles ;D

broncorick

Seems most of the roadsters I have/and have seen are early production--Ford must have made a lot early on. Later '67 and especially '68 roadsters are rarer birds, but I like the little U-13's, I have one as a driver now and am restoring one now (see thread on cowl repair).

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Like others have posted, unless they are uncut, unlifted, and nearly all stock, it really does not add much to the value. If all the previous items are in place and it is in good shape, it certainly makes it stand out and more collectible to some enthusiasts.

We've had a couple like this. Once was a rough (but restorable) one I picked up a couple miles from my house and the other is the red one we still have and take to various events and shows.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The U13 is still a "thrill" to own such a low production number bronco! Worth is only the result of demand! And yes the more original the better. But like all broncos, a totally fixed up, eye-catching, finger pointing early bronco brings on just as much thrill and can be worth as much as a stocker U13! Having the "U13" vin number gives it an edge at times. Because they were small production number vehicles (5000 total), that is what makes them unique. And yes the most produced were in the model year 1966. 1967 and 1968 production numbers were even lower yet resulting in no model production for year 1969 . The more original the U13 the better, but all U13's are desirable when you find that right owner. Check out the registry at www.roadsteru13.com. All U13s qualify for the registry!