• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vegas/la trip

gledhillt

HELLO,
My wife and I are planning a trip to Las Vegas and then on to LA in Oct. We need suggestions on places to stay. In Vegas somewhere on the strip. In LA somewhere in the Lakewood area.
Thanks for all your help.
Tim

siderbox

Bronco Guru
Skip the strip and stay downtown. ;D
The Golden Nugget is where we've been staying the last four times.
I like it down there cuz things are alot closer together. Then we'll get a Ace/Deuce bus ticket and head to the strip for a day.
The downtown dealers seem to be alot nicer and will talk to ya alot more then on the strip.
On the strip I like the Luxor, the pyramid one. But it's on the end, so it's longer drive/walk if you want to see the rest.

Say hi to my money when you go. %)

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Bellagio, Venetian, Luxor.. hell any of them on the strip are nice. First time I went there was about 13 years ago and everything was cheap. Last time I went was 3 years ago, and everything was very expensive!!! If it's the first time you're going there and aren't going to stay for a week just get a place on the strip. You're gonna wanna see it anyway, and a cab ride there will cost $25-50 depending on how far away you stay. Bring some comfortable shoes cuz you'll be walking A LOT! Things may have changed since the economy took a dump, but not from what I've heard.

Man, I remember when it was all you can eat steak and lobster for $5.99:cry:

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I go to Vegas every year for work and stay for at least a week. I have stayed at most of the places on the strip. On the strip I like Mandalay Bay but it is at the end so you will walk alot. I perfer to stay at the Palms it is off the strip but it is a better value and it is a younger crowed. And you cant beat the view! They also have killer mid week rates! I dont care for down town much. But I dont gamble much at all and never win any thing anyway! Good luck!

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
For your L.A. leg, Long Beach is fairly close to Lakewood and October should be "off season" enough that the rates are pretty good. I'm not sure there even are any hotels in Lakewood proper...at least not that I can recall.

Depending on your budget, the hotels on Ocean Avenue are pretty nice and you can get an ocean view.

If you're looking for something farther to the north, the Marriott near Long Beach Airport would put you closer to Lakewood but it's not really near anything fun (walking distance, that is).

The advantage of staying on Ocean is that you can walk to all kinds of restaurants and there's a big entertainment complex called The Pike that has movie theatres, etc. (Plus you can see part of the Long Beach Grand Prix course.)

If you really want to splurge, check out the fairly new Avia Hotel. It even has a rooftop pool with views of everything.