• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

vendor question:

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
does someone or could a vendor step up and start selling a stainless window frame kit that is removable (like roadster doors) to the early ebs? now that would be kewl.
Ben

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
WH hast the stainless frames... it'd take sum head scratch'n on your part, but a quick disconnect could indeed be made for them...

Only thing is, where do ya secure it once it is off???

:cool:

bbayliss

can you paint this thing? Or do you keep it in the SS look? I dont know if I like the ss look.

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
well even if it was just removable, to put up in the garage/shop it would be sweet! or you could go a step farther and make it electric re-tractable down into the door....maybe after the electric window was let down...:) just some thoughts!
I'll check out WH and see what all is there.
thanks
Ben

Landshark

Loc.
California
well even if it was just removable, to put up in the garage/shop it would be sweet! or you could go a step farther and make it electric re-tractable down into the door....maybe after the electric window was let down...:) just some thoughts!
I'll check out WH and see what all is there.
thanks
Ben

I think slick was thinking SS windshield frame, not removable door frames.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
can you paint this thing? Or do you keep it in the SS look? I dont know if I like the ss look.

SS can be painted. You sand it with 320 on a da then use a red scuff pad on it. Then you etch it, let flash off, seal it then paint. Instead of sealer you could use primer but you would have to sand your primer. With sealer you just start painting it after it flashes off.