• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

VIN #'s

G

I bought an out of state '75 that had been repainted. I need to have the VIN #'s verified for CA and the original tag from the door jam was detached (complete with the original color) and I have that. Where else might the VIN # be besides the original sticker?

alsroadster

Loc.
Sandia Park, NM
It should be stamped into the top of the pass side frame rail just in front of where the passinger would put his feet. A few casual looks didn't do it. It took a wire brush and good light and some elbow grease to find and see those little numbers and yes my #s match my title and my rig is an origonal Roadster!

74bronc

Bronco Guru
The VIN should also be embossed into an aluminum plate that is mounted on the inside of the glove box door. I hear some states dont allow this to be used because it is on a removeable part of the vehicle but when I had my 74 checked 1 year ago when I moved to California, the DMV gal looked at the glove box plate to verify VIN. I guess it is gonna depend on who you get to do the inspection. I would get a DMV person to do it because most of the time they just don't know any better. They don't deal with old stuff too much anymore because the smog nazis have done away with older cars.