• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage t-shirt found in my Bronco!!

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Anyone lose a t-shirt from 1972? Found this t-shirt behind a plastic bed insert!! Today would be my one year anniversary on the purchase of a 74 Sport. Bought it from some surfer dude who lives down at the Jersey Shore, who is a decent guy, hope he finds all the receipts from his previous owner. Basically did a frame on restoration, that has taken all year and still not done, but driveable. Its been a fun year.

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
74NJBronco

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Thanks, the only before pic I have is in my cell phone. I have to try to post that up. Wish I took more pictures of all the work I did!!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice looking 74 that you have there! I too never took any pics of my truck before I tore it apart. :( Stupid move considering what it looked like back then. It has come pretty far since then just gotta get it done.

Anyway, welcome aboard and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Don't see many Broncos up here in NJ! ;D

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Nice looking truck. I love that green. Did you buy the truck pretty much like that? I'm enjoying my frame up resto but the next one is going to be all done.

OP
OP
74NJBronco

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Nice looking 74 that you have there! I too never took any pics of my truck before I tore it apart. :( Stupid move considering what it looked like back then. It has come pretty far since then just gotta get it done.

Anyway, welcome aboard and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Don't see many Broncos up here in NJ! ;D

Seems like there is a few guys from Jersey here. There is 3 EB owners in my town alone. One is just sitting in a driveway rusting away, the other is on the road. Also a man in Mountain Lakes owned 3 Baja Stroppes at one point. First time I drove to get gas, my adrenaline was pumping so hard I couldn't catch my breath and my legs were shaking. I took it apart before I ever drove it. Worked on it for 8 months before I drove it!!!

OP
OP
74NJBronco

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Nice looking truck. I love that green. Did you buy the truck pretty much like that? I'm enjoying my frame up resto but the next one is going to be all done.

Thanks. That is the color it came with, and I love it as well (metallic green) its not perfect though. My 3-5 year plan would change the color and buy that steel reproduction tub. Had to put on the doors, bought Mickey Thompson wheels and tires, new 600cfm carb, 3:1 steering box and new pump, new interior and painted the dash,inside of the doors, roll bars and grille matte black. What color are you going for?

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I doubt is looked like that when you bought it from the surfer dude. Where's all the south jersey rust???

Looks great.

OP
OP
74NJBronco

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
I doubt is looked like that when you bought it from the surfer dude. Where's all the south jersey rust???

Looks great.

Mint Bronco you have there. It was garage kept for 10 years which is good, surfer dude bought it from a guy in W.Virginia, who rhino lined the frame and undercarriage and used some bondo on the rusted body areas. I spent countless hours under that truck with a drill, scraper and wire wheels to remove the rhino lining and found frame and undercarriage in really great shape. Then 2 coats of POR-15. Should I paint something else over th POR-15? The Bronco body has 4 coats of paint which keeps the rust away. LOL.