• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vision wheels New tire lock?

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Noticed these new wheels from Vision. Have seen the bead lock and the forged bead lock before, The forged are likely more then I would spend on wheels, but the new tire lock wheels are interesting at least. Can’t find any detail about how they are supposed to work. Maybe a bead with a taper inside and flat on the outside to help keep the tire from slipping back over the bead? Anyone seen them at a show? Bead locks are just over $300, forged bead locks are around $750 and the forged tire lock are like $650. Tire locks only in 18”, the others are available in 17”.

Vision beadlock

Vision Forged beadlocks

Vision forged tire lock

Last edited:
OP
OP
ssray

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Steve , the tire locks are what I’m referring to being new. They don’t have a lock ring….just look like a standard wheel but supposedly lock the bead(s). No idea how or if they”re as good as a standard bead lock. Just couldn’t find much info on them. They aren’t good about listing weight on some of the wheels either. I don’t think 0 can be correct. 🤣 $650 is still pretty steep for my taste.

Last edited:

Yeller

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I’m assuming they are doing their own version of Method Bead Grip

Not a lot of info about what they are up to.

Marsh Racing Wheels, some of you may remember MRW, pioneered that technology 50+ years ago when they developed a tire retention method that really worked well without a clamp ring. They rolled the inner bead hump taller and it worked very well. They also innovated the beadlock in racing applications. If you’re curious here’s a Pod Cast with Greg Mulkey that spent decades working with Marsh wheels and ultimately retired recently from Raceline wheels. He worked nearly 60 years in the wheel industry. The offroad wheels Raceline currently offers was developed under his tutelage.

Last edited:

Gsxr7000

Contributor
I have a set of Vision on my Bronco. I have no complaints and yes, I know the rear flares are not centered. Haven't had time to fix it yet from prior owner.

Attachments

• 20231126_154756.jpg
    20231126_154756.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20231126_153208.jpg
    20231126_153208.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
ssray

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
I’m assuming they are doing their own version of Method Bead Grip

Not a lot of info about what they are up to.

Interesting ..I’ve looked over Method wheels at times and never saw those bead grips, but wasn’t aware of them so probably passed them by. They do have a perpendicular bead edge like I imagined and the grooves are an added touch. Probably make removing the tire a bit more interesting, but with a tire machine maybe not a problem.

Vision definitely needs to improve their site in some areas. I think it is a US based company but I saw somewhere that the wheels are China made.

The podcast had great info, gonna have to listen through that again sometime to let it all sink in. I also was curious when it was recorded and was jumping back through episodes and happened to land on another name I recognized . 😎😎😎

Yeller

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Interesting ..I’ve looked over Method wheels at times and never saw those bead grips, but wasn’t aware of them so probably passed them by. They do have a perpendicular bead edge like I imagined and the grooves are an added touch. Probably make removing the tire a bit more interesting, but with a tire machine maybe not a problem.

Vision definitely needs to improve their site in some areas. I think it is a US based company but I saw somewhere that the wheels are China made.

The podcast had great info, gonna have to listen through that again sometime to let it all sink in. I also was curious when it was recorded and was jumping back through episodes and happened to land on another name I recognized . 😎😎😎
Unfortunately not many wheels are cast or forged in the US anymore….. many are finish machined here but not cast.

Yeah some babbling idiot that types a lot on here was interviewed by Big Rich 😎😂