• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wah install ???S

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
hey guys, for those of you that have done this mod, did you have any problems with the o ring on the cap? I have chamfered the 5$&76% out of the tube but I still cannot slide the cap on without pinching the oring out. ive tried grease and never sieze. right now I have the tube in the freezer hoping for a little shrinkage.

any new ideas would be GREAT!!!!

thanks guys
kevin

bteutsch

Try contacting lowpressure on the forum.. He has done one of these.. Or call chuck or Jason @ BC Broncos.. I know lowpressure talked to Chuck during his install.

OP
OP
4x4man514

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
thanks , I was planning on calling chuck in the morning, I was just hoping I might get some help here on the weekend. ill see if I can find lowpressure. thanks again

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Wipe all the grease off. Grease tends to expand orings. Wipe the oring off with achohol achohol will clean off the grease/oil and shrink the oring. While trying to install just spray some achohol on the oring and the tube and it should slide in for you.
Doesnt always work if the oring has been over strechted or is just the wrong size but it will usually work. We do it this way sometimes at work when parts are not chamfered and the oring wont go in.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Just dont use the kind you drink. Lol that would be wasteful. Isopropyl alcohol ie common rubbing achohol is what we use.