• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Walbro "in tank" fuel pump question

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am installing a Walbro "in tank" fuel pump in my new tank. I am nearly done, but I have a question. On the new pump there is a white sleeve over the outlet nozzel. I am ready to push the supply line on the pump, but there is this white sleeve over the outlet line tube. The end where it meets the pump looks melted on.

I called and asked a buddy that thought he used the exact same pump, but he didn't remember having that white sleeve on there. There was a rubber plug over the end of that sleeve when removed from the box....so was it there to protect it for shipping/handling? Check out the pic and give me some insight please? Thanks in advance! :p

Attachments

• SLEEVE.jpg
    SLEEVE.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 40

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's the pump in my tank...and it didn't come with that sleeve. ?? Not sure what to say...

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just wanted to know if I should cut/slide it off and move on?

Is it there to make the OD larger on purpose? Some sort of new "make it universal to fit two line sizes feature?" Make sure your line won't go on that sleeve is my advice..before you remove it.

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I would wait till tomorrow and call. That doesn't look right. What tank are you putting this in? Would love to see some pics of the install.

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
After looking at the rest of the assembly, the white line on the return side fits inside the black line. The black and white diameters look the same on both sides of the pump. So now I am thinking that the black slides over the white on the supply line ... and the clamp goes over both. Maybe?

Attachments

• sleeve 2.jpg
    sleeve 2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it there to make the OD larger on purpose? Some sort of new "make it universal to fit two line sizes feature?" Make sure your line won't go on that sleeve is my advice..before you remove it.

That's what I was thinking. I like to get things done on my only day off, but times like this it's just better to wait and get it right. :eek:

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am installing the 15 gallon EFI tank on my 'chopped 69 Bronco hotrod project. One of the few pics I have with no beer cans in sight...I don't think? %)

Attachments

• lines again.jpg
    lines again.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru

After calling tech suport at Tanks,Inc ... that's exactly what the white plastic tube is for. It is used as an adapter so that they don't have to manufacture two different sizes of the "pump outlet nozzle.