• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wanted: Dead, Beat Up Driver's Door Inner Door Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi,

So first, HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!
Now with that said I'm boycotting T-Day to work on my 66 Bronco! Muuhahaha!

Anyway, I'm converting my 66 doors to the later style interior doors with the arm rests, later style chrome handles, plastic cups, etc. I have all of the parts EXCEPT the metal inner door skin from a LATER DRIVER'S DOOR.

The plan is to cut out a later inner door skin with all of it's stock holes for latches, the arm rest, and rivit it onto the inside of my 66 doors behind the interior trim pannel.

The end result will be a later stlye interior door functionality yet if someone wanted to go back to the stock 66 interior it would still be dooable.

WHY???

I like the door rests and my dress shirts get caught on the 66 driver's door interior lever alot. Plus my driver's door is beat to hell and needs to be rebuilt ASAP, while weather stripping glue will still dry. (My 66 Bronco is my daily driver, I know, crazy.)

So if you've got a beat up, rusted, dead, non-usable driver's door from any of the later years please let me know. If local, I'll pick up and bring beer! If not local, I'll pay shipping.

Thanks for reading!
Chris
taipeichris13@yahoo.com

GoFish

Loc.
Phoenix West Valley
Chris, this door and its brother are going to the scrap yard this Sat. If this is what you are looking for, let me know.
Otherwise it will be scrapped, crushed and shipped to China and sent back as Walmart patio furniture.

Attachments

• broncodoor2.jpg
    broncodoor2.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi,
Those look perfect! It's funny you say that, last summer I bought my Grandpa Joe a sale set of patio furniture from CVS. He really loved them and said the chairs were so comfortable they reminded him of an old 50's Ford coup he use to have! HAHA!

Anyway, just pm'd you about the driver's side inner door skin.

Thanks,
Chris-

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ford vans used the same inner door handle from the 70's up into the 90's maybe those might be eaiser to find in the yards??

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the suggestion. I've got everything gathered, just need the sheet metal from the inner door skins and I'm get'n them from GoFish.
Chris-

Status
Not open for further replies.