• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

VA Wanted: Rolling Bronco Cart Or Frame

jrcBronco

Contributor
Loc.
Richmond, Virginia
City: Richmond, Virginia
Interested in purchasing an early Bronco rolling frame cart. Maybe someone has completed a restoration and wants to sell their left over cart. I would also consider a frame that is not necessarily perfect.

I am located in central Virginia. Prefer something reasonably close.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Ever consider making one? I made the wooden one buried somewhere in this site and it works great. Used it to do floors, rockers and more on bronco1. Bronco2’s body is one it now.

IMG_1064.jpeg IMG_1059.jpeg IMG_1057.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jrcBronco

Contributor
Loc.
Richmond, Virginia
Ever consider making one? I made the wooden one buried somewhere in this site and it works great. Used it to do floors, rockers and more on bronco1. Bronco2’s body is one it now.

View attachment 928687 View attachment 928688 View attachment 928689
Thanks for the reply. Looks good. I have the wooden diagram printed out. If I do not find something in the next couple weeks I was planning on going that route.

Do you think I would be able to finish the underside on the wooden cart? Maybe hoist and prop one end up at a time?

Jeff

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for the reply. Looks good. I have the wooden diagram printed out. If I do not find something in the next couple weeks I was planning on going that route.

Do you think I would be able to finish the underside on the wooden cart? Maybe hoist and prop one end up at a time?

Jeff
Absolutely. You can def access the underside with some squeezing and sliding.

As a recommendation from my experience (assuming you can get it high enough, add 3-4” height to the vertical supports. That will buy you some space to get under the body, paint, weld/grind.

Edit to add: the spots where the 4x4 posts hold the body up are blocked so you have to lift for paint or paint those areas as you’re moving it over to the frame.