• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

water pump for stock 1976 302

pbets756

Im down to putting the water pump on my stock overhauled 302. Looking for suggestions on what is the best one out there? Is there a superior one or should I just go to the local parts supplier for one. thanks paul

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I like to go to a good part store like NAPA or CARQUEST. Or better yet, find out where the local repair shops get their parts. They hate come-backs.;)

metal1

Loc.
hidesert ,socal
Stewart water pumps are right up there as the best and there matching balanced flow thermostat it is a great combo

Digger556

Im down to putting the water pump on my stock overhauled 302. Looking for suggestions on what is the best one out there? Is there a superior one or should I just go to the local parts supplier for one. thanks paul

I don't care for most parts store parts anymore. Most of the stuff is low quality, because people are cheap and that is what moves. I ordered this pump
https://www.amazon.com/GMB-125-1420P-High-Performance-Water/dp/B000JYWVEA
from Amazon for my mild 351 build (370HP/440torque). The only reason was that is was the same pump that came with the engine, and it worked extremely well. I will say that the original unit had "Japan" cast into the front and the replacement doesn't, which likely means China, but it it works well. No cooling issues at all.

BroncoJimbo

Contributor
Long-term owner
Loc.
North GA
I've always used Brassworks WaterKooler pumps on my fords. They cool great, last forever and don't rust. I used to haul dirtbikes, a weeks worth of gear, people and giant Malamute across the desert and never had a cooling issue.