• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Weiand Stealth and Truck Avenger clearance

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I have stock 302 set-up thanks to living in California and having a '77 but I am moving to Colorado this month. I want to get a weiand stealth intake and 470cfm Holley truck avenger carb. Will they fit with my stock hood and 1" body lift???

sbingham2

Loc.
Cedar Park, TX
With a 1" body lift you might be okay depending on your air cleaner. The truck avenger will be about the same height as a stock carb. I've attached a photo to use as a reference. On the left is the Stealth intake, on the right is an Edelbrock performer, which is about the same height as stock. It's about 1.5" taller than stock, maybe a little more. With a drop base air cleaner you should be okay.

By the way, the Stealth is a great intake.

Attachments

• sidebyside.JPG
    sidebyside.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
Colo77Bronco

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Is the Weiand good enough to deal with the possible clearance issue or is the performer good enough?

Thanks for the pic. Would love to hear from anyone with the Weiand and a stock hood.

Panama71

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I have not put my stealth under the hood yet, but the reason I bought it was that it has a waterjacket running across the back 2 ports. The performer does not. A little better cooling seemed worth it to me.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Maybe sbingham2 would lay a straight edge across the carb mounting surface on the new Stealth. Measure the distance from the carb mounting surface to the front gasket surface on the bottom of the manifold. Do the same with the stock manifold.

Get some modeling clay from WM or a toy shop and put on top of the existing air cleaner and close the hood. Measure the height of the mashed clay. If the difference in height between the stock or existing manifold and the Stealth is greater than the mashed clay you have a problem.