• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH 2.5" Suspension Lift. 2" Inches Higher in the Rear ...

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Just finishing up a number of projects including a WH 2.5" Suspension lift (new everything). The rear is currently 2" higher than the front. I was really looking for something a little more level .... I'm wondering if I have an issue, if this is normal, or if it will settle in. Thank you.

Last edited:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Getting ready to do the same, can I ask what brand lift you went with?

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It will settle a little bit also do you have a hard top

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Yes, I read the other thread but it seemed specific to 'stock' leaf spring height so I decided not to hi jack it or maybe I should have ?:?

I don't use a hard top, rear seat is rarely used, I have a full family cage, and 1 smaller fuel tank.

I understand different trucks have different dynamics but as a 'novice' I really didn't consider that a 2.5" lift might not be a 2.5" lift if I wasn't using my hard top, didn't have people in the back seat, didn't have two fuel tanks, etc.

As was suggested in the other thread, I'm either going to pick up some sand bags or hire a couple of big dudes to sit in the back (whichever is cheaper) and drive around for a while and see what happens.

If the sand bag / big dude option doesn't take care of it, taking some of the leaf springs out, as was suggested, is really not an option I'd like to consider.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Try calling the guys at Wild Horses about your issue. They are a good group to work with and may have another answer to your problem.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
First ultimately we want you to be happy with the out come. We understand people have different goals in mind when they install a suspension lift. It sounds like you are looking for a flat level Bronco front to rear. This can be achieved with some work. One thing we like to remind ourselves is the Bronco is not typically flat from the factory. The back is a bit higher than the front. Other things to consider. Leaf springs will settle over time. How much is going to depend on the use of the Bronco. Rock crawling will settle the leaves a lot more than just cruising around town. Then there is the weight of tops, bumpers, gear, spare tires etc. It's more common for heavier rigs to settle quicker.

WH spring design intends for the leafs to sit taller in the rear. This is how most stock Broncos are. WH springs are designed this way to help with the opposite problem which in our estimation is worse and harder to solve. That would be spring sag. In that case you have to throw in more leafs or blocks in the spring pack.

With a Bronco that sits taller in the rear than what you want you have everything you need to bring it to the height you desire. Yep, I'm talking about pulling some leafs out of the pack. I did read that you don't want to do this but it's the quickest way to dial in the height. I would not remove leaves unless you have at least a few hundred miles on it. This will allow for natural settling. If you are running trails I would take it wheeling at least once before changing anything.

Jim

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's a truck, the back needs to be higher to support cargo. Going for the prerunner smashed to the ground rear end look? It can be done swapping springs out front or rear depending which way you want to go.