• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH moab hydroboost install

riggermortis

Hey everybody! I'm installing a wild horses moab hydroboost system in my 73 bronco and so far everything has gone good until I started to bench bleed the master cylinder and the first time I tried to push the brake pedal all the way down the little rod that comes out of the hydroboost unit actually bound and held the pedal down, it's like the angle from the unit to where it hooks to the pedal is on too steep of a angle. Anyone else run into this issue? I took some pictures but haven't tried to get them on here. I'd call WH but it's Saturday evening so I thought I'd try here thanks!

OP
OP
riggermortis

riggermortis

url]

url]

url]

Last edited:
OP
OP
riggermortis

riggermortis

Sh!t first time trying to get pics on here, they don't work even if you click on them?

OP
OP
riggermortis

riggermortis

I've been trying to figure it out since you said they didn't work, I'm sorry but it is totally retarded that you can't just post pictures.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
rigger- if you become a member for like 10 or 15 bucks you can post pics directly to this site. We all do it so we can help each other and get help. Fee is cheap for the resources from making new friends to getting some help or sharing it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Pics work for me now. If I'm understanding what I'm seeing there - that pushrod is really binding up in the bore as it looks like the hex is about the same o.d. as the piston. Odd configuration compared to most h-boosts I've worked on. It does look like the angle of the dangle is pretty steep.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
riggermortis

riggermortis

So I don't think the silver hex will travel far enough to try to enter the bore, the gold hex is supposed to travel into the bore in order to make full travel of the pedal, the gold hex also pivots to allow for misalignment but it seems as though it pivots too much and the only way I can think to fix the problem is to either move the post on the brake pedal up so it is more in line, or shim out the bottom of the hydroboost unit to align it on a better angle with the post on the brake pedal

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
I would try shimming the hydro boost, these broncos aren't built very square, it could be your pedal assembly has been tweeked or even the firewall.

There may be something if you study everything that could improve alignment that you could bend back straight, or smack with a hammer to fix .

I have fixed a lot of Bronco tub related issues with a big ass hammer and a 2x4 to prevent body damage.

OP
OP
riggermortis

riggermortis

It will still attach the same way, I just finished modifying what I had to offset it and so far it is as smooth as butter! :cool:

OP
OP
riggermortis

riggermortis

Yes I added a 1/4" spacer on top of the original piece after I cut the threaded rod off and then rewelded a new piece of threaded rod to the top. It raised the centerline of the rod up about 5/8" to 3/4". I just got home from test driving it after getting everything bled out and leak checked and let me tell you I wish I would've just sprung for the hydroboost from the start! Yes it was expensive, and I didn't really want my brakes relying on my power steering but wow is all I can say! It stops better than anything else that I own, hands down, no questions asked!

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
Yes I added a 1/4" spacer on top of the original piece after I cut the threaded rod off and then rewelded a new piece of threaded rod to the top. It raised the centerline of the rod up about 5/8" to 3/4". I just got home from test driving it after getting everything bled out and leak checked and let me tell you I wish I would've just sprung for the hydroboost from the start! Yes it was expensive, and I didn't really want my brakes relying on my power steering but wow is all I can say! It stops better than anything else that I own, hands down, no questions asked!

awesome! and glad you like the WH kit! its on my list for BF sales this year.

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
Good to see someone take care of a simple problem without bashing a vendor or returning it and wasting a ton of time.

Amazing how complicated people can make simple problems.

I see so many people on here

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I just want to jump in here and say this is really abnormal and we have never heard of this issue/fix before. Simply stated no one should have to do this on any WH Hydroboost.

riggermortis, glad to hear you were able to resolve this I just don't want people to think this is normal. Do me a favor and PM me your name and or order number.

Jim

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
I just want to jump in here and say this is really abnormal and we have never heard of this issue/fix before. Simply stated no one should have to do this on any WH Hydroboost.

riggermortis, glad to hear you were able to resolve this I just don't want people to think this is normal. Do me a favor and PM me your name and or order number.

Jim

Hey Jim! Hook a dude up with that MOAB hydroboost kit!