• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What bolts for Stock Hood & Liftgate

JoePro

Removing an old fiberglass hold and installing a stock steel hood I picked up. I ordered the hydraulic hood props from Toms, the bumpers, and a few shims just in case. Since they don't seem to sell the bolts for the stock hinges, can you guys tell me what size nuts/bolts to attach the stock hood?

Also my bronco came with the original liftgate but it wasn't installed on the hard top. I reached up under the lip of the hardtop where it attaches and the wavy brackets are still sitting in there, so I also need the bolt/nut size for the top of the lift gate. Or are they screws? Thanks!

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
fender bolts. Everything on a bronco is bolted with them. From fenders to grill to hood and tailgate and top. You can get them at the local ace hardware but there like 2 bucks each. I got a big bag of them from JBG for half that.. I always keep 10 to 20 of them fender bolts in my bin.

I think there a 5/16".

I Usually poke some holes in a box and scuff and paint them, but since there zinc coated they don't rust as quick.