• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what headers fit and peform the best?

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
my old bronco has some rusted out cheap headers. they have to go ;)

what are the best fitting and performing headers out there?

i want a great fit, 1 5/8th tubes, and coated.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Loaded question. But last I checked there were only 1-2 "bronco only" headers with 1 5/8" primaries. There are a few shorty options but they usually have to be modified to fit the bronco.
Hooker fenderwell P/N #9614 or 9814 cant quite remember right now and I believe the BC bronco headers have 1 5/8" primaries also.
I run the Hooker fenderwell headers and got them coated they are a little more pricey than most headers but they perform great and look great in the fenderwell. They do require a small 4"x6" maybe section cut out of each inner fender to fit through and they wont work with shock hoops one other draw back is its tough to run a exhuast cross over as they run outside the frame. But they do leave you with plenty of room around the engine.
Cant really speak about the BC headers but they appear to be very nice and I've heard of no fitment issues plus they allow shock hoops and a cross over. I may get a set for my 71 when I decide to modify it.

justinoshea

Contributor
Loc.
Gilbert, AZ
1 1/2" primary are probally a better choice for a trail rig/DD unless you have a big inch motor and/or turn it past 5500 rpm.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
thanks. i bought the WH long tubes.

Well since you allready bought the W Horses headers, to late now, :-[

I am just kidding I have the W Horses headers on my truck, and they work awesome, I had to re torque after a day or two, but since then(two years later) I haven't had to touch them.

They fit perfect, and will clear hust about any engine/trans you can think of