• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is a frame worth?

nysledge

Loc.
Greensboro NC
There is a guy near me that has 2 Bronco frames for sale. I have not seen them yet, but assuming they are in great shape as he has described, what are they worth? He is asking for $500 per frame.

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I just picked up a V8 72 frame for $140 in perfect shape from a guy here in Jersey. It was even painted. $500 seams steap unless there are other things that will be coming with the frames- axles ect.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Maybe he is offering $500 to get them out of his way :)

I had a hard time giving one away.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I paid 100 bucks for a decent frame with title, 3 speed and dana 20, (thanks Dave) I had bought so many "parts" trucks with no title I needed something to build my trail rig on.

tdc_worm

Loc.
Austin
last one i picked up i paid $30 for and it was already coated...i have seen several given away...

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
I see them in the free section here all the time - some with axles attached. Usually nowhere near me - so whatever it would cost in gas to go get one is what they're worth (maybe $100)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I paid $100 for a very nice frame from a member here. $500? What's he smoking?

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Me too, found a few to choose from here in the southwest (read: no rust) in various stages of disassembly with prices ranging from $50 for a greasy,stripped frame to $700 for a rolling frame that had been blasted & POR'd (needed diffs rebuilt). For $500 there should be more to it or, IMO, he's asking too much.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
About 3 years ago I bought a frame and firewall back tub (with roll cage), rolling on gutted and hollow axle tubes for $500 I then sold the tub for $515 on ebay, sold the axles to a friend for $75, sold stock radius arms, coils, and leafs for $50....So basically I got a frame for FREE and was as if someone paid me $135 just because....the cage was pretty shotty so I just cut out anything worth saving and took the rest to the scrap yard.

The only down side to the frame was someone welded MASSIVE 4x4 inch steel blocks to the side of the frame to bolt the roll cage too. It worked pretty well, but were a pain to remove.

If you have the time and space, parting out a Bronco can be pretty profitable.

The frame I have since been working on fully welding, flipped the rear shackles, added brackets for extended radius arms, plated and gusseted steering box, and planning to move the drivetrain back about 4 inches.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i had someone call me and told me they wanted $200 for their frame, i told him i wanted the title too for that price.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
depends where you are guys. A rust free frame is worth a lot more up here in the rust belt than down where they are all in good shape. new England is a harsh enviroment in the winter, salt just sits and gnaws away at that boxed frame.

MATTFARKAS

Loc.
newville, pa
Frame

i got $400 for mine. it was sandblasted & painted. i also threw in a transmission, leaf springs ... & something else, can't remember what.