• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is needed for Edel. carb?

Snowblind

Loc.
Petawawa, On
I just picked up a nearly new used 600 cfm electric choke Edel. carb and after checking out the Edelbrock site was wondering if I need any of their "adapters" to make it fit my C4 automatic '77. I noticed that they sell a throttle lever adapter as well as a throttle cable plate kit for Fords, do I need them or is the swap from the stock 2bbl straight forward.

Thanks,

SB

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
%) %) %) You will need a 4V intake you will need to mod. the kick down(make about 7/8" longer) and if it dosnt have the linkage for the kick down you will need to get it and put on the carb. and you will be good to go good luck.:p :p :p Bill %) :cool: ;D

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I had to purchase the kick-down linkage adapter separately...

OP
OP
S

Snowblind

Loc.
Petawawa, On
Forgot to mention that I also got the Edelbrock low profile intake to go with the carb.

Is the kick-down adapter the same as the throttle cable adapter or does that mean that I need two adapters (throttle cable adapter, kick-down adapter) plus the throttle plate kit to put it together.

Thanks,

SB

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
Snowblind said:
Forgot to mention that I also got the Edelbrock low profile intake to go with the carb.

Is the kick-down adapter the same as the throttle cable adapter or does that mean that I need two adapters (throttle cable adapter, kick-down adapter) plus the throttle plate kit to put it together.

Thanks,

SB

This is all I needed..... Click Here

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
If you're puting a spreed bore carb on to a stock, square bored manifold, you'll need an adapter. The carb will bolt up fine without it, but the secondaries won't open very far.