• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What should I expect to pay?

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
All,

Before I take the Monkey Mobile out into the wide world, I am thinking of taking it to a shop for a little "Professional" attention.

I don't have the tools to perform the final AC connections, so that is a given that I have to pay for.

I am considering paying the same guy to drain & refil the front & rear, the tranny & Transfercase.

What should I expect to get bent over for this? Do I need to spec special fluids to the shop?

Is there anything else that I should get a pro to check out while I am there?

Thanks as always!

MnkyBiz

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
Billy boy!

The guy I used, charged me 50 bones to flush and refill front and rear. Don't know if that guages anything for ya'...

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
The Ford dealership here wanted like $100 for each diff. to do her Expedition, so I did it myself. I can imagine it would be a ton for the EB since they have to pull the front axle, etc.

The tranny and t-case were probably $150 total, I can't remember. I'd go out and find one of those good-'ole boy garages and make a deal with them.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p On the air I would think a shop would be about 300.00 and the front(44) 30.00 + gaskit and oil the rear (9") 150.00 as it must be pulled and about 125 for the trans and t/case. Just a ball park at a good quaity shop. :eek: :eek: :eek: Bill :cool: %) :p

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
This may be already assumed but...before you actually have anyone touch that thing, tell them that you are willing to pay them cash. In many instances, you get a "discount" as it is not reportable.

Caveat: I do not condone the shop's activity, if that is what they choose to do, however, every American has the right to pay in cash, and every American is only obligated to pay what the agreed price is. If the shop keep wants to be shady, that is his choice but you are on the up and up.

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Depends on what AC connections you are talking about. If you are only talking about charging up the system then probably around $75.00 or so.

As for as changing the oil in the difs. Do it yourself, if not, those quick lube place may offer this service "not sure" however if they do it would be the cheapest. I would make darn sure the put the correct oil in though.

Good luck, and have fun driving the beast..... ;)

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
77TexasBronc said:
Depends on what AC connections you are talking about. If you are only talking about charging up the system then probably around $75.00 or so.

As for as changing the oil in the difs. Do it yourself, if not, those quick lube place may offer this service "not sure" however if they do it would be the cheapest. I would make darn sure the put the correct oil in though.

Good luck, and have fun driving the beast..... ;)
Just charging is a big mistake if it has been sitting, you need to put a new air dryer on and then pay to have someone suck the mosture out , then charge it

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
The AC system is a newly installed Vintage Air setup. There are two hard angled fittings that connect to the ends of the hoses that VA supplied! These are the connections that must be made. There is a special crimper that I don't have for these high pressure lines.

Then they need to charge her up with the R134 & I'll be golden.

From all said, I'll do my pumpkins & tranny myself.

MnkyBiz