• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What winch do you have on your protofab rocksolid bumper?

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
OK I'm ready to bite the bullet on buying a winch. It will be either a warn, smittybilt, or superwinch. I'm leaning more towards warn and superwinch for realiability, I also want it to look good with my bumper combo. So post some pics of your winch with the protofab bumper.
Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

6daze

Warm M8000, can't beat the Amazon deal.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327892930.741951.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327892930.741951.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 115

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I have a smittybuilt 8,000 # winch from 4wheelparts. Has the synthetic rope on it.

Attachments

• DSC_0257.jpg
    DSC_0257.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
SSDDBRONCO

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
I have a smittybuilt 8,000 # winch from 4wheelparts. Has the synthetic rope on it.

How do you like the smittybilt winch. The price is good but I have read that the solenoids randomly go bad so I'm not to sure.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
yeah im curious as well Kyle....i thought for the price i might give one a try...i have a REP8000 which is fine but if i was to buy a new one i was thinking about the smittybuilt

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
It worksjust fine. I bought originally on the price. I have used it numerous times to load my bronco on the trailer before I was able to get it up and running. Used it a couple times at OCBR too since I couldn't keep it running with the carb.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
well dammit you pose to say they sucked so i didnt go out and buy one that i really dont need...but i would like something new on there....did you buy the reg. one or the waterproof one....guess it really doesnt matter cause i mount the box on top of the fender well anyhow

OP
OP
SSDDBRONCO

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
It worksjust fine. I bought originally on the price. I have used it numerous times to load my bronco on the trailer before I was able to get it up and running. Used it a couple times at OCBR too since I couldn't keep it running with the carb.

how does it pull? does it start dying out or does it have a good pull?