• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What winshield riser is this? For what top?

Audifan

Contributor
When I bought my bronco, it came with a bestop soft top and hardware.

However when I finally got around to messing with the top, I realized that the winshield riser on my bronco doesn't match the bestop riser and doesn't look like it will work with my top.

It doesn't really look like the Rampage riser either as far as I can tell from pictures I found on google.

Anyone know what Riser this is and what it fits?

any way to make it work with a besttop soft top?

Attachments

• riser1.jpg
    riser1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 111
  • riser2.jpg
    riser2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 103
  • riser3.jpg
    riser3.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 89
  • racklights2.jpg
    racklights2.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 82

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Looks like the ones on the older Kayline top to me. I have not used a Besttop riser so I do not have any info on making it work.

Last edited:

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
That’s an older Kayline riser. I have a Bestop riser if you need one. PM me. Those upper door frames you have pictured are Bestop.

OP
OP
A

Audifan

Contributor
Thanks for the help guys.

The bestop upper door frames actually fit into the kayline riser and frame up the opening fine. Issue of course is there is no way to attach the rubber front piece of the top to the kayline.

I ordered a new 2 piece riser from besttop along with the 2 windshield brackets I'll also need. And went ahead a got a new full set of mounting hardware just to be on the safe side.

Which brings up another question...anyone figure out a good way to permantly attache the tapping plates inside the frame rail?

It's a PIA to have to unscrew and take off my interior trim panels and unhook the wiring from the speakers in the panels every time I want to put on or remove the top.

JB weld them in place? (if I could keep it out of the threads)

Attachments

• soft-top-tapping plate.jpg
    soft-top-tapping plate.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 16

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I made these to simplify removing/installing the Hardtop. Weld nuts.

I am sure you could make something similar, with maybe a little RTV to hold things is place. After you have them powder coated...

Attachments

• DSCN4060.jpg
    DSCN4060.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN4059.jpg
    DSCN4059.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
A

Audifan

Contributor
I made these to simplify removing/installing the Hardtop. Weld nuts.

I am sure you could make something similar, with maybe a little RTV to hold things is place. After you have them powder coated...

That is an outstanding idea.

Very cool.

------

Has anyone just drilled and tapped the body rail itself? or installed Nutserts? would that be strong enough?

Last edited: