• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whats a fair price?

grimlock97

Loc.
Wetumpka, Alabama
Classic 1971 Ford Bronco / Runs Great /

Up for sale is a great restoration project or hunting truck, or just drive it daily. The bronco cranks up every time no problems, runs very smooth and surprisingly quiet for a 302. The tub is solid, the pillars are solid, the windshield frame and doors are solid and the rockers are solid, but there is some rust on the rear quarter panels, and the hood, no rust on front inner fenders (aprons), front fenders, or grill. Slap on a new hood and tailgate and repair the rear quarter panels and you have a real head turner. Has Ford 302 with Holley intake and carb, it would not take anything to make this thing a daily driver, and it wouldn’t take much to fix the body . Has full removable hard top in pretty good shape, there is a little surface rust on it but no real rot, interior is very clean, air shocks on the rear, BFG A/T tires that probably need to be replaced, has aftermarket gauges, the speedo still works, everything works except a couple of gauges in the gauge cluster, 3 speed has been moved to the floor, shifts smooth, clutch feels great, 4x4 works as it should. Can assist with Shipping if relatively close. Selling because were moving.

A buddy of mine is sellin this and it's in really good shape except for the rear quarters, he's asking $6500 will take $5000, you think it's worth 5k, if it is i'm going to post it in the for sale section here with pics. I can get pics later this evening as well if need be.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Pics would help but as I read it I thought you were looking for advice on purchasing one. So I read it thinking "oh man, thats gonna need to be replaced....and that sounds like a lot of rust just waiting to happen". Honestly even without pics I think its overpriced at $5,000.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Pics would help but as I read it I thought you were looking for advice on purchasing one. So I read it thinking "oh man, thats gonna need to be replaced....and that sounds like a lot of rust just waiting to happen". Honestly even without pics I think its overpriced at $5,000.

Need pictures but in this market I would probably agree.

OP
OP
grimlock97

grimlock97

Loc.
Wetumpka, Alabama
I'll get some pics up this evening, i tried telling him it's a little high, but you know people look on e-bay and see em going for 15-25k and think they have gold!

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I would say too much considering I just let an all original uncut '69 with only one spot of rust go for $5k. I probably could have gotten a little more on ebay but didn't want the hassle. Pics will help but probably more in the $3500 range.

OP
OP
grimlock97

grimlock97

Loc.
Wetumpka, Alabama
here we go
DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0245.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0241.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

DSCN0239.jpg

DSCN0247.jpg

DSCN0248.jpg

OP
OP
grimlock97

grimlock97

Loc.
Wetumpka, Alabama
I would say too much considering I just let an all original uncut '69 with only one spot of rust go for $5k. I probably could have gotten a little more on ebay but didn't want the hassle. Pics will help but probably more in the $3500 range.

it's weird, for some reason down here it is nearly impossible to find a classic bronco for 3500 no matter the condition, but an old 69-72 k5 blazer i can find all day in good shape for that price, i live close to auburn alabama where the kid wants 10 grand for one in not so good shape, and that's a normal price, i have 8500 in mine so far and still working on it, 15 after the body work is done, and i'll be lucky to get 6000 for it.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Dang didn't look too bad till I saw the passengers side. While the overall condition is decent that Bronco needs a lot of body work. All that bondo is a big no no. Will rust to pieces in a year or two if not properly repaired. I would say $2500-3000 max. Looks like at least $2K in bodywork plus paint if done properly. It is a good start for someone with the time and money but not in good enough shape to get $5K IMO.

OP
OP
grimlock97

grimlock97

Loc.
Wetumpka, Alabama
Dang didn't look too bad till I saw the passengers side. While the overall condition is decent that Bronco needs a lot of body work. All that bondo is a big no no. Will rust to pieces in a year or two if not properly repaired. I would say $2500-3000 max. Looks like at least $2K in bodywork plus paint if done properly. It is a good start for someone with the time and money but not in good enough shape to get $5K IMO.

thanks for the estimate, i wish i could find someone that would only charge me 2k for body work, they want like 5 for mine, but i will have to break this to my buddy, he might be stuck with it for a while, or i'll try to get it for myself for say 2500!
thanks