• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where does the neutral safety switch hook up?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I looked to see if my "N" safety switch was hooked up and it isn't. I followed it back to the tranny linkage and I see the switch. Where does the end with 2 male and 2 female plugs go? I looked but couldn't find a place. Also, what all does the N safety switch do? Purpose? Kinda new with autos. Thanks Much,<br><br>Blue71

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
When it works properly , it won't allow you to start the vehicle in any gear except neutral or park .

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Where does the end with the (2 male and 2 female)end plug go? Cn't find a place amd it won't start without it it seems. <br><br>Thanks Much,<br><br>Blue71

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
there should be a plug hanging down from the drivers side inner fender underneath the master cylinder . I think that is where mine is . ?:?

Bronconut

When I did an auto swap.. The 4 prong plug plugged right onto where the column shift reverse switch was plugged into. Not sure if all years are like that.<br><br>Also, the neutral safety switch runs the reverse lights too.

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
As with anything there are trade offs. I have my safety switch bypassed(scotch locked together) because the last thing I want to do while wheeling is have to fumble with the doggone shifter, get it to neutral, start the truck, and find a gear again, all while holding on to your butt with both hands trying not to get too out of shape on whatever you are trying to conquer. But remember, the thing will start in any position after this mod, so don't put the thing through the shop/garage wall when you are starting it. (don't ask me how I know that)

thesnake

Bronco Guru
On my 73 mine was unhooked. Hooked it up and it didn't work, so I unhooked it again.<br><br>snake

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I have the aod neutral safety switch sitting on the driver's side inner fender and it is in park at all times . I had to do this to make the computer happy since I lost interest in trying to configure a speed sensor that would fit my t-case . I run the C4 tranny and can start it in any position . Anyone have the cure for the speed sensor ?

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
neutral_wire_1.jpg
<br><br>
neutral_wire_2.jpg

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
[quote author=jeepster link=board=5;threadid=12125;start=0#89777 date=1039455978]<br>
neutral_wire_1.jpg
<br><br>
neutral_wire_2.jpg
<br>[/quote]<br><br>Jeepster, I can't see or open these, what do I do?

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=dpm77 link=board=5;threadid=12125;start=0#89860 date=1039466229]<br>still no luck. Thanks for trying though, <br><br>Dan<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>e-mailed em

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
[quote author=jeepster link=board=5;threadid=12125;start=0#89870 date=1039467566]
[quote author=dpm77 link=board=5;threadid=12125;start=0#89860 date=1039466229]
still no luck. Thanks for trying though,

Dan

[/quote]

e-mailed em
[/quote]

Thanks, Jeepster

Dan