• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to find Blasting Media...NOT SAND!

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I am frusrated trying to find "Black Beauty?"

Does anyone live in the VA area? I know I can order it from Eastwood, but I would like to find a local supply!

Any/all input will as always be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

MnkyBiz

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I actually just called American Stripping. They sell it for $15 for a 100lb bag. I will go by 2 bags I guess for all the interior work?

Anyone think I will only need one bag?

R3

Loc.
VA
I say get two. You dont wanna run out. Although 200 lbs is quite a bit. Nevertheless, I could buy your excess if you have any. ;D

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
You could probably get away with one bag for the interior. Just sweep it up and re-use it. Use an old window screen to sift out the big pieces. I don't know if this would work if you're using plastic media, though.

If you looking for a specific type of abrasive, just look in the yellowpages under abrasives. I found a supplier here in Seattle that sells everything Eastwood carries, and more. Much cheaper too.

Mike Hewett

I get my blasting sand from Menards (building supply Center), I'm not sure if their nationwide. It is called black magnum and is $5.00 for about 50lbs. it works pretty well and doesn't kill you like silica sand will, but I would still wear a respirator.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Just about all of the building block / concrete places around here sell it. $6.95 per bag for 100 lbs. I usually use med or course but I just tried extra fine and it works really well. It comes out of the speedblaster much better.