• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who makes the best door hinges?

23firefly

I need to replace my saggy worn door hinges, which ones do you use?

I tried a hinge rebuild kit but mine have a pin larger than the rebuild kits so it doesn't work.
For the price of stock I could get some new removable Duff hinges.

Any advise?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i have wild childs on mine. the small pin has always had me a little nervous, but they're holding up just fine. they're no smaller than the stock hinge pins. if you've got the extra money, i'd buy the ones from duff.

OP
OP

23firefly

The Wild child price is nice....but.... I have to agree with you about the pin size being small compaired to the Duff's

ransil

Bronco Guru
23firefly said:
I need to replace my saggy worn door hinges, which ones do you use?

I tried a hinge rebuild kit but mine have a pin larger than the rebuild kits so it doesn't work.
For the price of stock I could get some new removable Duff hinges.

Any advise?

Did the kit you use have bushings in them?
The I used from JGB has bushings that should fit any over sized hole.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
I was leaning toward the Wild Childs, BC Broncos sells them.

My question is how do you get the giant philips bolt out?????

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
The wild childs seem to be a different size and will require major hours spent shimming and re-aligning.
if you dont want lift off hinges, just get a rebuilt stock set.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Just sunscribing, I will be need hinges too and I want to go with some lift-offs!

J.D.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
roundhouse said:
The wild childs seem to be a different size and will require major hours spent shimming and re-aligning.
if you dont want lift off hinges, just get a rebuilt stock set.

Mine came with shims and work fine.

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
I have the wild child ones from BC and I didn't use any shims every bronso is a little different .

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
I'd go with the Duff hinges hands down ----- look at the spec's yourselves

Duff's
1. 1/2 inch pins
2. Forged steel hinges
3. Brass oilite bushings
4. Hinges are reversed so you don't have the pin sticking out on the body to catch things on.
5. Price is less than a lot of 1/4" hinges on the market !
6. WELL MADE UNITS
7. Kits include new bolts

Seems to me there is no contest on this one !!

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Ok -- here you go --
Hinges are in the "New Products" section for Early Bronco on the "Duff's" web site.

http://www.jamesduff.com

Go to the "New Products" section on the left hand side of the main page, then click on "New Products" and then "Early Bronco" at the top of the page again. This will get you to all the newest Products that haven't been applied to the main web site catolog. Just scroll down to the door hinges.

Hope this helps