• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who makes this wheel?

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Not sure on your rim, and I know that you didn't ask, but here is mine on a 17" rim by ProComp. Just to show you that any black rim looks good with these tires.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
adam05ford

adam05ford

Loc.
San Marcos, Texas
Kyle its funny that you posted that. I was actually just looking at those today. They look really good and are very affordable for a good looking aluminum wheel.

What size tire is it? 35x12.5? Also aren't they 4" backspace? How do they clear? I figured if a 4" back space was too much I could always just throw a 1/2" wheel spacer in there.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Tire is a 35X12.50. Just sitting and turning from side to side, I did not get any rubbing in the garage. But they did get awfully close. I went ahead and did a 1.5" spacer just because I wanted them to sit out a little wider and to ensure I did not have any rubbing when driving or when I took it offroad. I can't tell you anything else since I am still getting it all wired up and put back together. If you need any additional pics, let me know and I can get them for you.

OP
OP
adam05ford

adam05ford

Loc.
San Marcos, Texas
yeah i would like to see some pics mounted with or without the spacers if you have some. I just looked as saw they probably have 4.75" backspacing. It seems like alot but if they work they work.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
They are 4.75 I believe (I think thats why I went with a 1.5"). These are the only two pics I have I'll get out in the garage and get some front and rear views for ya in a bit.. Wife is yelling at me to eat dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
adam05ford

adam05ford

Loc.
San Marcos, Texas
Thanks Kyle that helps me out so much. I really like how the wheel spacers push them out just past the flares. The M/T's look really good on your bronco. I have them on my superduty but I am thinking about getting some Mickey Thompson MTZ for the bronco. I have a few more weeks to decide what to do since I just took it to get painted. Thanks again for the help.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I have had the ATZ's on my Dodge 2500. I know htey are two different tires, but same compound. They looked good at first, but when they started to wear down they looked rough even with alot of tread still on them. Juts my $.02.

OP
OP
adam05ford

adam05ford

Loc.
San Marcos, Texas
Well thats no good. Thats one thing I really like about the Toyo's. I rotate them every time i change my oil and they have lasted or wore incredibly. They are more expensive but i guess thats why. I haven't had any experience with any Mickey Thompsons so thanks for the info.