• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who uses a Viair compressor

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
My ARB pump is now on the fritz, that makes 2 pumps (PS & ARB) in a week for me, I got the PS one taken care of but now with a wheelin' trip this weekend, I need a locker pump. Anywhoo... Has anyone used the Viair pump? I was looking at it and I think that I am looking to get either a 300 or 400 series so that I can air tires up and run to a tank. I talked to Viair cust. service & they say to go with the 400c but I was also looking at the 325c. Opinions?

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
I have a large Extreme Air compressor that I won at the Roundup several years ago that I mounted to some old contractor compressor tanks. It works great, but I think it is too big, and they make a smaller one they recommend for ARBs.

Extreme Air Jr.

Last edited:

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
I have been running a 450 on my crawler for five years or so. Tank behind the seat, compressor on inner fender. Kinda loud, but with the tank, doesn't run very often. Oh and either wheel with folks that have air, or add chucks front and rear and have a good bit of hose. Playing musical crawlers on a tight trail to get air to somebody can be interesting.