• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who wants to lose an arm?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
While I agree that it looks insane and probably not a good idea, I must confess. Anything is possible when you do not understand the possible consequences of Redneck Engineering practices. I have done crazier things in the past that I look back on and think to myself how lucky I am to be alive! I am glad cell phones and cameras did not exist when I grew up, I would have been in more than one of those videos for sure.
I am still a proud Redneck regardless!

OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
While I agree that it looks insane and probably not a good idea, I must confess. Anything is possible when you do not understand the possible consequences of Redneck Engineering practices. I have done crazier things in the past that I look back on and think to myself how lucky I am to be alive! I am glad cell phones and cameras did not exist when I grew up, I would have been in more than one of those videos for sure.

Are you saying that ignorance is bliss?

Jakedog

If cell phones had been around when I was growing up I'd still be grounded and in my room!

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was not sure if the tire would blow, or the chain being pulled Up like that would clear the Bronco completely after releasing from the stump.

This type of thing happens just after one hears "Oh Yea, Watch This".

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I was watching my neighbor do something similar with his really nice F150 once using a towing strap... and when that thing broke loose, he ended up with some major body work to be done, his truck, not him fortunately. %)

matts460

Hmm heart attack from digging all day or this? Lifes a dance right?? lol I would at least be hiding behind something, the truck could be fixed if mishap occurs. You guys should watch tree cutting fails! Those are great fun for whole family!

ammowaster

Pretty nifty use of leverage I would say. I wouldn't have stood right there but good use of the tire and winch.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I may be adding a winch to my 66 & for small stumps I would give it a try. I've also used my engine hoist to yank stumps out. The last big one I had was close to the house so I dug deep around where I could & used the pressure washer to clear the dirt. Then I clipped the roots rolled it out of the hole with a small tractor.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I just want to say Thanks to the OP for not putting 2 o's in the word 'lose' and making it a totally different word...I see it all the time %)