• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

who's running 302-4r70w-zf-d20 j shift-twin sticks?

chuzie

Bronco Guru
All right folks. I've been scouring threads for hours and I am now blue in the face.

Has anyone successfully run a 302-4r70w-zf adapter-d20 j shift with twin sticks?

I see folks running with a t-shift and i know JB fab attempted the j-shift variation a while back but couldn't make is consistently repeatable due to so much variation in the builds.

I am at a point in my parts acquisition where I need to decide about adapter. I would prefer the ZF adapter to avoid having to swap the output but unless someone tells me otherwise, i will have to go the 4r adapter route to maintain my twin sticks on my j-shift d20.

Amac70

ME
You will probably have to build your own twin sticks unless jb gets it figured out. But i am running a 4r with zf adapter and d20 with my home made twin sticks. Twin sticks are not that complicated to build.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I figured as much. Just wanted to do my research first to make sure I am working smarter and not harder. Thanks.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I use a set of JB's prototype twin sticks on my 4R70W/Dana 20 J-shift with zf adapter. Looks great and work great. JB bought parts to remake the design so they should have it pegged now.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I use a set of JB's prototype twin sticks on my 4R70W/Dana 20 J-shift with zf adapter. Looks great and work great. JB bought parts to remake the design so they should have it pegged now.

I figured that as well but JB told me otherwise yesterday. I would really like to go this route to have the future bolt on upgrade options with the ZF adapter. A twin is not going to stop me; I will just make my own if need be.

I would like to pick your brain for a minute or two if you are available later today.