• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Adjustable Track Bar Fitment

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Hi, I have a 69 frame without drop bracket and 77 Dana 44. I’m trying to fit up a WH adjustable bar on my WH 2.5” lift with 7* bushings. The natural position of the bar on the axle bracket has it sitting well past (to the rear) of the frame bracket. It does feel right to have to crank the upper over that far to line up. The frame is centered. Is this common? I have stock radius arms but never had this problem with any of my other configurations. Thanks

OP
OP
tabyers

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Forgot these. This is for illustration purposes only, if course. This feels perfectly aligned. To get it into the bracket takes a lot of racking the other end.

81e2b42aeacac3c80e2c217b3fba09e1.jpg

b37726ee524f3e3efcb019373da9eaf4.jpg

OP
OP
tabyers

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Yes, I’m just showing where the lower bracket is pointing it. The question is: Is this the fit I get with this product or am I missing some finer point of the installation? If not I’ve got to go back to my original track bar because it fits much better.

OP
OP
tabyers

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
It’s extra caster but a lot of people run it and I haven’t run across anyone saying this about the track bars. I Had the 69 bar with 3-1/2 and didn’t have this problem and the 77 bar fits better than this adjustable with the 2-1/2. Just wasn’t expecting a problem here?? That was probably my first mistake!

cs_88

Bronco Guru
I returned an adjustable track bar to Tom's for the very same reason.
To me the fitment just wasn't acceptable.
I ended up going with BC's bar instead.
Much better.

Attachments

• DSCN0465.jpg
    DSCN0465.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 78

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Pull it off and compare the bends. Line up the lower holes and see if the offset is at the same angle on both. Maybe the weld on the bottom is a little off? Just a thought. I'm thinking they should be the same except for being able to adjust the upper end.

OP
OP
tabyers

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Here’s the two I’ve got. It’s at least good to hear that someone else had this come up. I’m not going to run it either. It does appear that there is more bend in the 77 bar. Thanks everyone

13d326ba0f26f593bfeb1df8ed2b46fd.jpg

b8dc6b754f1fc226ea7cde08b18be8a5.jpg

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Does the end that threads in have a small offset? It seems like mine did. Try to turn it 180 degrees and see if it helps. I had a different brand before and I had to cut the eye 3/4's of the way through and reweld it with the proper offset.

unimogger

Loc.
Philthadelphia
Those are marketed as a one size fits all, but really it's not possible. Just think about how the axle sits with different lifts, c bushings, radius drop brackets, etc.
And then consider the potential error, as that bar is made by someone. If one bend goes a degree or two past the target... here you are.
Personally I'd return it and modify the stock bar with new bushings, because I'm a cheap bastard. But maybe a replacement will fit better.
SD

oldiron

Bronco Guru
Are you using the 76-77 bar or the earlier style? Don't know if that's your issue but it's worth mentioning.
Greg

OP
OP
tabyers

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Tabyers,
Question, is the assembled full running weight of the Bronco on the axle or are you still in assembly stage?

No body, I think I’m sitting 1” to 1-1/2” high but it’s only a 2.5” and the 77 bar I have fits great, it’s just got the wrong bushing on top and I can’t find my original 69.

codsak

Loc.
Saint Augustine
I had the same problem with mine. I also added the drop bracket. I just pulled it over and bolted it up. mine was close to yours.