• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Rock Rails Installation

NorCalBronco

Contributor
I'm getting to the point where I can install these rock rails: WH Rock Rails

They come pre-shaped kind of like your rocker panel. You push them up and fasten them directly to the rocker sheetmetal. However, the rocker is shaped a bit like this quick diagram I drew if you look at it from the front or the back of the vehicle:
rocker_panel_diagram - Selection.jpg
When you hold up the rail, it lays against the rocker near the top of the curve under the door and just hits the seam that points straight down. This makes it so most of the slider isn't really touching anything? The instructions don't mention it but do people cut off the part that hangs down so the slider fits against the rocker better?

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
No cutting required other than both ends to match the shape of your flares. Cutting off the factory rocker will weaken the entire structure so don't do that. The rails are not designer to touch the bottom curve of the rocker but they do fit flat against the upper portion as shown. They are generally flat against the bottom of the rocker as well. Here's a horrible edit but I think you get the point.

Attachments

• 5655.jpg
    5655.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 38
  • rocker_panel_diagram - Selection.jpg
    rocker_panel_diagram - Selection.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
NorCalBronco

NorCalBronco

Contributor
No cutting required other than both ends to match the shape of your flares. Cutting off the factory rocker will weaken the entire structure so don't do that. The rails are not designer to touch the bottom curve of the rocker but they do fit flat against the upper portion as shown. They are generally flat against the bottom of the rocker as well. Here's a horrible edit but I think you get the point.
Thank you! Yeah that’s what it seemed like it was going to fit like so wasn’t sure