• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Throw Out bearing question

eastbaybronco

Loc.
San Clemente CA
Hello All!
The throw out bearing i recieved from WW4X4 came with a zirc fitting, seeing as thos guys love to take the weekend off:)

Does anyone know if it needs to be greesed or is it alredy greased?
Scary because i ordered a new rear driveling from Toms Bronco Farts , gave it to my mechanic at thet time, now i do my own work, and the driveline blew up a month later.Toms doesnt greese their drivlines i found out the hard way.

ryansbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
The place of bronco
did it come with a plug? I can't remember if there is a way to lube it once the transmission is installed. I would lube it then use a bit of lock tight and plug the zerk in or use a plug. Mine did not came with a zerk and its been a DD for over 7 years. I would not want the zerk to back out and mess up the clutch

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
They just put enough to keep the parts lubed,it up to the customer to put grease in them once installed.

OP
OP
eastbaybronco

eastbaybronco

Loc.
San Clemente CA
IMG_20130630_153147_180_zpse57da295.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Beautiful bell housing, but.... You may want to remove the paint from the maiting surface to tranny.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
tranny to bellhousing and in reality tranny to flywheel alignment, get it off more than a few 1000ths and you'll get the dreaded clutch vibration during engagement. imagine one side higher, and how that makes the clutch catch one side more, resulting in vibration.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi,

I installed this bearing but nobody tells you that you need to drill a service hole in the bell-housing to reach the zerk fitting.

Remember to point the zerk fitting down (6 o'clock) and drill before you install the transmission. Make sure the hole is big enough for your grease gun to get in there and reach it.

Sorry, the pics were on my old hard drive but it's kind of self explanatory.

Good luck!
:cool:

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I wouldn't grind, just use some acetone or lacquer thinner. Unless that's powdercoated?

On the grease fitting, I think its a one time thing, once greased, you don't need to come back till you drop the tranny. Think about the ones that don't or didn't which came from the factory, they lasted what, 20 years?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I wouldn't touch that, leave it painted. I've had mine painted for years with no vibration - hell, these damn things don't vibrate with the bolts loose, much less a tiny coating of powder... lol