• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Tie Rod

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Are the tie rods on the Wild Horses F-150 set bigger than those on my stock '77? Im running 16" positive offset wheels and the tie rods are inside the wheel. If they are bigger, they may not fit.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Are you going tie rod over? If it is staying under it should still fit on the 76-77, especially with the 16" rims. The TRO is when you start having issues and either need to run spacers, less BS, or bigger wheels.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I have the wildhorses 3 way, '76 knuckles out, and 16x7 rims with 4" backspacing. Mine fit fine and I at one point was thinking of going to f-150 TRE's since they are bigger but couldn't get a hold of a reamer in enough time. They would have fit though.

Am I guessing correctly that you have TRE's all for the f150? I think they are a taper with the widest at 7/8' instead of the earlier 3/4. Will you have to ream your knuckles to fit them?

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Are you going tie rod over? If it is staying under it should still fit on the 76-77, especially with the 16" rims. The TRO is when you start having issues and either need to run spacers, less BS, or bigger wheels.

Josh,
Why would it matter if the tie rods are over or under?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
For your case, you'd probably stick with under but a lot of guys that hit the trails a bit harder than average put them over so that there is better clearance and so that the drag link angle is lessened with bigger lifts. If you put it over there is less clearance than under between the tie rod and the wheel as the knuckle is above the centerline. The 76-77 knuckles if I remember correctly are pretty high especially when compared to the later D44 knuckles that people use for disc brake conversions.

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I have the wildhorses 3 way, '76 knuckles out, and 16x7 rims with 4" backspacing. Mine fit fine and I at one point was thinking of going to f-150 TRE's since they are bigger but couldn't get a hold of a reamer in enough time. They would have fit though.

Am I guessing correctly that you have TRE's all for the f150? I think they are a taper with the widest at 7/8' instead of the earlier 3/4. Will you have to ream your knuckles to fit them?

Do you have a photo?

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
COR has a sweet tie rod system...cost $220 and they even made it longer on both sticks(with no extra charge)Mike is awesome,Chuck

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Go to a Auto parts Store that sells Moog stuff

Check out these F150 Tie Rod Ends- Moog Problem Solver #40306

See if they are bigger than yours

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I don't have a photo of the tie-rod setup specifically. Can't get one right now either or I would. What are you looking for a picture of?