• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Will 68 doors fit on a 74?

Gweiner

Loc.
Charlotte
I have an oppty to buy some. 68 doors in great shape to replace my rusted out ones. Will 68 doors fit on my 74? I thought I read on here that the body lines on the doors are different and striker location was different? Love the idea of the removable frames but want to make sure these doors will fit.

jamesf7278

Loc.
Salmon Arm B.C
66-67 doors have different strikers and locations, 68 should be fine. just make sure its got the paddle style inner door handle, and you prob will get removable window frames too :)

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
They bolt up easy....It's the opening and closing part to your liking that gets ya. Hanging doors is NO fun, but worth it once you ge them on and set up properly.

PaveBronco

I have 68 doors on mine, someone cut the inner section out and welded the later paddle style structure. I welded up the removable frame, kept coming loose.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
My '77 and '68 doors are identical except for the removable window frames on the '68 doors. They have none of the '66-'67 specific features.

OP
OP
G

Gweiner

Loc.
Charlotte
another question for the gurus - has anyone on here bought new door (window) frames from JBG or removed the existing ones and drilled holes to make the frames removable like the old 66 - 68 doors? Like the idea of roadster like doors but would like to be able to out the frames back on for the fall/winter/spring. Curious if anyone on here has had success or if this is more trouble than it's worth...

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I have the '68 doors on my current '73, went on just like the originals, and the removable window frames are the reason I got 'em.

On a '75 I had 20 years ago I came across some window frames from a 66-68 EB (like what you can now buy) and made those work with the '75 doors. The original owner had chopped & butchered the frames on mine in a bad attempt to make them removable; result was sloppy, floppy, and ugly. As I recall, removing the '75 frames was simple drilling of spot welds and a some cutting/grinding of welds where the frames met the doors. We did weld some 1/8" bar stock on the doors to make the bolt locations for the frames stiffer but that may not have been totally necessary. Worked as hoped.