• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Will a Painless wiring kit 10201 18 circut GM key column work in a 74 EB?

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
I have a brand new in the box Painless wiring kit P/N 10201 18 circut GM key column. Will this work in my EB? Some PO hacked an unknown (Centech ?) wiring kit in the past and it's worthless. This is the worst job I've ever seen. They even installed the fuse box under the hood on the firewall right under the diver's side hood vent! Can I use this kit to rewire the Bronco? Or is there a better kit to get instead?

If a better kit is recommended, I can wait until I get the funds and buy it later. For now, however, I need to know what wire goes to the lic. plate light to make it work. It doesnt' work and it's way out of inspection. I found a white hot wire and for now just put a connector on it and have to plug and unplug it to get it work when I drive it at night. Any help with this?

Also, which SPECIFIC location is recommended AND works best in the EBs for the fuse box?

Thanks.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I was looking at using a Painless or EZ Wire setup also until I was one of the fortunate few who realized that my original harness was not that bad. Centech makes a specific EB application and everyone here says they are pretty good. The one you have is not GM specific but it does work very well on GM vehicles because it has GM style ignition, turn signal, and headlight plugs. Those could be spliced off of your old harness. So if you plan on using it and you have some wiring skill, you should be able to make it work.....and with 18 circuits, the possibilities are endless.