• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield Frame, After Market or Good Used?

Mikey

Bronco Guru
For a non-show truck, are the aftermarket windshield frames OK or should I hold out for a good used one?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I've used both and my suggestion would be a good used one. I had a lot of trouble with a aftermarket one once but maybe they are not all the same.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I bought an aftermarket and in my opinion was a piece of crap for what I paid. POOR QUALITY. Get a good used one even if you have to pay the price of a new one. It will be worth it.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i have new blem frame from tom's in so cal, i may or may not have room for it in the rental car to bring back. let me know if you're interested in it, i'll be back in orange county early next month and could meet you in OC somewhere.

OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
That's a thought...

I'm kinda wanting to have one delivered to me in time for the 3-day Memorial Day holiday...I'm still on the fence on this after-market vs. used thing...then there is cost, gas and time to intercept you so far south. Are you cruising via Barstow? What is the blem?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
the corners weren't finished perfect, a little body filler could smooth them out. i'm coming in through phoenix, gonna miss barstow. probably gonna go home through san diego out the 8.

if you don't want it no big deal. i really do need it for my truck, i'm just not sure how i'm gonna get it in the rental car.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
The problems I had........Corners not finished worth a crap. Top of the frame was at wrong angle on one end. The piece that the weather stripping attaches to wasn't welded worth poo.

If I am buying brand new. I expect not to have to do anything to it. It I wanted to fix one I would have found a cheaper used one.

Have they changed? Who know? If not don't say you weren't warned

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Hey Mikey we've got one in Yucca Valley. It has glass and OK rubber. Email me at WCB tomorrow dusty@wcb4x4.com if interested, I can send pix.

Dusty

socalrick

Loc.
Tionesta
mikey if you need it held here let me know. If you don't take dusty's I may talk to him about because my "custom ac" windshield frame is starting to be a bit annoying as well as getting worse...love the bubbles

OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Dusty, email sent....Rick, stay tuned...I'm going to try to straighten mine first over Memorial Day....