• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield Glass Measurements

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Was wondering is anyone had the measurement off hand for the windshield glass as well as the thickness. So I can go into a glass shop and have them cut me a piece of tempered glass rather than pay the $200 price tag they want once I say the words bronco windshield :mad:

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
TJK, I just measured the one in my bedroom!!!
53 3/4" top
56" bottom
16 1/2" tall
1/4 " thick

I had my glass guy cut me 2 from the old one (74) he cut them and sent them to be tempered. $87 each. The first one fit great.
Hope that helps. ;D ;D

Louie

Bronco Guru
If they have any with a slight tint go for it. It takes the edge off the glare :cool:

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
TJK74, After my roll and trying to get it back together for thanksgiving I had my glass guy come over and he removed the winsheild and made a card board template went back to his shop cut the new windshield from Laminate brought it back to the house and installed for a 125.00. The laminate had a very nice tint to it. Now this guy knows me pretty good because he told me he saved the template. He was right I bumped the frame coming off a ledge and it cracked the windshield last week.
Any way the product is nice they use it for hot rods all the time and you can get it anytime anywhere.
Marty

OP
OP
TJK74

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Thanks for the info guys after a little digging I have located this company:
http://www.mygrantglass.com
They have a bunch of lacation through out the U.S.
They make and sell reproduction glass for all sorts of vehicles. They have the windshield in the so called green glass. If you have a wholesale license the glass is $58 or suggested retail is $80 There is a migrant glass 10 mins away so I'm going to see if I can get a deal using the wifes wholesale license if not then the Mustang shop down the street from me said they could order it an have it the same day and give it to me for $80;D

cobra70

Loc.
Bryan, Tx
i had a tinted one put in my roadster about 4 years ago the glass company charged me 75.00