• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield measurements please!

widowmaker77

Contributor
Guys I’m rebuilding my windshield frame instead of buying a new one. Is there anyone that has a bare frame that could get my the measurements on how far apart from top to bottom the lips are that hold the gasket in place in the frame??

fasteddy

Windshield frame

I have the original glass that came out of my 66. You could have those measurements and add 1/4” for the inside frame measurements ?. If that would help you, let me know and I will take measurements for you.

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
Thanks! I’m not sure? What I did was I had to split the two pieces that form the bottom frame (and about a third of the way up on both sides)since it was a rusted mess, then replace the whole section that runs along the inside Next to the dash. By doing that I had to cut away the lower lip that holds the gasket in place. I’m trying to make sure when I weld the lip back in, it’s not too high or too low so the gasket won’t fit right.

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Picture may not be clear, 53-5/8" top width, 56" bottom width and 16-1/4" vertical.

Attachments

• windshield frame.jpg
    windshield frame.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 25