• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield Mount Light Bracket?

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I have searched a few Bronco parts houses pages, but I do not see what I am looking for.
I want to mount a pair of lights low on the windshield frame just above the hood. I thought someone made some brackets that drilled into the windshield frame? Anyone know who makes these?
Thanks
Dennis

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Most of the ones I've seen came from Jeeps. Easy enough to make your own bracket though.

Just make sure your windsheild frame is in good shape, those corners tend to rust. Also, if it is in good shape and you do decide to drill into the frame, you may want to silicone the holes to prevent water seeping in and rotting out your frame.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I have searched a few Bronco parts houses pages, but I do not see what I am looking for.
I want to mount a pair of lights low on the windshield frame just above the hood. I thought someone made some brackets that drilled into the windshield frame? Anyone know who makes these?
Thanks
Dennis

I'll sell you the ones I made, I don't use them anymore.
Made out of Stainless Steel.
I'll see if I can find better pics.

Attachments

• DSCN3819.JPG
    DSCN3819.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 80

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Thanks
Dennis

Why not make some of your own...here's what I whipped up for my truck.

Now I just need the other 2 lights to fill it out.

Attachments

• 102408 Drvr lightbar.jpg
    102408 Drvr lightbar.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 102408 Drvr lightbar bracket4.jpg
    102408 Drvr lightbar bracket4.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 102408 Front2.jpg
    102408 Front2.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 102408 Pass side.jpg
    102408 Pass side.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
D

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I can't fit my truck in the garage with a light bar, so I thought I would put a couple down low on the windshield frame.

I am finding that when you fabricate everything your weekend dissapears fast. By the time I cut the steel, weld, grind, sand, drill, run to the hardware store for bolts, paint and install I have just burned 4 hours. Thats if everything works perfectly.

I was hoping I could find some pre made at a reasonable price.
Dennis

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i made my own a few years ago, got about 1 hour into making both of them. they also hold my mirrors. you'd be better off mounting them highre up or on the front bumper, remember you have a big blind area from where the hood ends.

Attachments

• DSCN1638.JPG
    DSCN1638.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 53

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Yeah...that's a couple weekends worth of my freetime posted above.

When I rotate the bar down, the highest point of my Bronco is the b-pillar bar of my rollcage.

Attachments

• 102708 Lightbar down position.jpg
    102708 Lightbar down position.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I like it! I have to admit though, 14 is the number. The number of times I would pull into the garage before I forgot to drop it down, thus destroying my lights, mount, windshield frame and I would likely crease my perfect hardtop. ;D

Thats why I want to put the two Hella 4000s I have on the bumper and then two more 6inch diameter lights down near the bottom of the windshield.
Dennis

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
;D That's better than me, my number was 2....I already pushed it into the garage door with the lights up and scratched up the clear lens covers....:p

Luckily I'm not using the clear covers that came with the lights and they were the only thing damaged. I'll be buying the transparent orange ones that are available to match the color of the truck.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
One thing to consider; glare off of the hood from the lights. I have rode in a few heeps with lights mounted there, and the glare is terrible. If your hood isn't to shiny I gess no biggie.

bludorbronc

At least with the lites mounted low you can sneak the wires out the back of the hood and not have to drill 2 more holes for wiring.