• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

winshield wiper cover

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
look at my build thread... on the last page is a photo with all of the mounting hardware and the cover removed. The plastic cover bolts to the two black brackets on the far left and right of the wiper assembly

OP
OP
RedLeg0811

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
GraficO,

I see my problem I don't have the brackets on either end. Did you buy or make them? It looks like it would not be hard to make. What guage are they?

Thanks
Martin

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
They aren't SUPER weight bearing and I would guess 15-16 ga. steel

I got mine from buying a parts lot grab bag on Ebay... cleaned em up and painted them with wrinkle paint. This was the same way I got one of those keeper springs and mounting tabs for the license plate flipper McThingy. I've always wondered why the after-market stainless ones don't come with any of that hardware... the Bronco mysteries continue to baffle and cause much head scratching.

I would imagine that you could check with Bronco Hut or some of the distributors that mainly deal in used parts from tear downs. Heck put a "Parts Wanted" ad on this site and I'll bet someone has a pair that they would send you a set for a couple bucks and shipping.