• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiper Arm Questions-Update-with part numbers

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Yo guys
I ordered a set of New Wiper Arms from one of our Bronco places, and the arms they sent me are different than whats on my vehical. So I need to find some different blades, since what I have on there doesn't look like they will fit. What makes it worse I have a extra set of brand new blades.

Anyone know what blades I need to use with these new arms.

I will attach a pic of the new arms, and of my current setup

Thanks
Don

Attachments

• wiperarms.JPG
    wiperarms.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 138
  • lightbar3.JPG
    lightbar3.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I have the opposite problem. I ordered new blades and they don't seem to fit my stock arms. They will probably fit the new arms you got though. If we weren't at opposite ends of the continent we could probably trade :)

I'll be interested to hear what people say about this because I suspect the answer could probably help us both out.

Dusty

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Well My wiper arms are Anco part number 41-02

I just wished that when I ordered these they would have told me that I would need new blades.

Broncology

When I ordered mine they came with two different connectors on the end. One set would not fit the stock blades, but the others would. Did yours only come with one set? I ordered mine from James Duff and the company is called Trico. You might want to see if you can find different connectors that connect the arm to the blade.

Chuck

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I just called Anco
I was told that the blase I need is the heavy duty series, part 91-12
It is a stainless steel blade, but you have to use a plastic adaptor to make it work with there blade.

So that gives you the plastic adaptor, and the plastic swivel at the end of the wiper arm.

Guess I will send this arm back and see if I can find a set of factory wiper arms.

Edit
I just called Trico
They gave me a part number for a set of wiper Arms 51-062 and since I allready have 2 sets of Trico 11-6 blades I am going to see if I can find there arms and see what the difference is. The trico are most likely the same ones Chust got from Duff

I will post my results a little later

Last edited:
OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
OK guys
I have it figured out, and I can't for the life of me figure out why a few of the Bronco places sell the Anco wipers?? After all Trico makes a much better setup for the Bronco

Here is a picture of the Trico direct replacement blade, there universal arm, which has the right end included, and next to it a picture of the Anco arm, which doesn't have the right type of end.

It just sorta pisses me off, I was willing to pay a little extra to get the right parts from one of the venders. I figured they would have checked what fits right and what doesn't fit. So today I had to call both Anco and Trico, and then drive all over the place to find out what works. Why couldn't the place I bought the arms from, sell something that fits, and now I have to send the arms back.

So get the Trico Arm #51-062 and Trico Direct replacement Blade #11-6 and be done with it. And to top it off there is no plastic in the Trico arms

Attachments

• wiperarms2.JPG
    wiperarms2.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 200

Broncology

I agree the Tricos look better, more "low-profile". Glad you got the problem solved.;D

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Hey Don,

Will the Trico arms allow you to flip the arm out completely for painless window cleaning and blade changes, or does it stop like the stockers?

Is the spring stiffer in them also to get a little better swipe?

Thanks for doing the legwork, this is good info!

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Gummi Bear said:
Hey Don,

Will the Trico arms allow you to flip the arm out completely for painless window cleaning and blade changes, or does it stop like the stockers?

Is the spring stiffer in them also to get a little better swipe?

Thanks for doing the legwork, this is good info!

It looks like they flip up about the same as the stockers, The spring is a little beefier than the stocker, but the Anco has the stiffest spring of all 3

kaw550

Bronco Guru
Anco

I just made the same mistake.

I ordered the arm from JBG and bought trico blades locally.

Is there a blade that will fit the anco arm?

tomvzw

Loc.
Denver, CO
I just put the anco's on mine and it worked great. My problem is a little different.

I just mounted a wild horses family cage and there is not enough clearence for the stock wiper bars that attach to the motor. I need to find a way to rig a bracket so that the long arm that goes all the way to the drivers side does not get stuck on the top front bar of the cage. Anyone had this problem?

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can you shim the windshield out enough to make it work ? Is the cage too far forward?
I would think WH would like their Broncos to have wipers.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Don,

Where did you pick up your parts? I am in current need of replacement blades so I would pick up the whole kit and kaboodle and be done with it.

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
Just got these from Duff's. Can't figure out for the life of me how to attach the arm to the blade?

Is there a part missing, plastic clip ???

Attachments

• 100_0099.jpg
    100_0099.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_0098.jpg
    100_0098.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

ol gray mare

I just put the anco's on mine and it worked great. My problem is a little different.

I just mounted a wild horses family cage and there is not enough clearence for the stock wiper bars that attach to the motor. I need to find a way to rig a bracket so that the long arm that goes all the way to the drivers side does not get stuck on the top front bar of the cage. Anyone had this problem?

I had that problem. When I welded in the forward bar, I didn't rotate the wiper linkage to make sure it would clear on the entire cycle.....Bad call. I found a set of the Bosch wipers (sold by many of this site's sponsors) in a junkyard on an old truck. They do a good job and use the stock arms and blades. I never liked all that crap rotating around up there anyway. Looked like a good place for a kid to lose a finger.

TXHusker

Loc.
Edmond, OK
[QUOTE Looked like a good place for a kid to lose a finger.[/QUOTE]

my son is mezmorized by the rotating arms, but he knows not to reach up there. As I demonstrated what could happen to him by putting a paint stir stick in there.....

I ordered my blades from Advanced Auto Parts...surprised they didn't have them in stock (lol)

Thanks for the legwork!

brocken

Loc.
Seattle
Does anybody know of a replacement for the Trico arms? I looked everywhere and it seems like they've been discontinued.
The Anco arms are still being sold but I'd prefer the Tricos if they're a better fit.