• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiper Cover & Bikini Top Modificaitons

cparks101

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I have a '77 EB with electric wipers. I installed a Wild Horses bikini top with a 3" riser to clear the wiper motor. I purchased a wiper motor cover. However, the cover has a lip on it that prevents it from being used with the riser. I guess that the lip is supposed to sit over top of the windshield frame. Anyone here made any modifications to the wiper cover so that it will work with the bikini top/riser? I don't want to lower my wiper motor. If any of you have pictures, it would be great. Thanks, guys.

bteutsch

I just did the same top. You should have gotten a template in the instructions for your top install. You have to trim just a little off both the parts that hang over the windshield frame. If you got the bestop riser it will clear the wiper motor cover with only that one modification. If you have the other style riser you have to drop the wiper motor with that drop bracket and flip the motor 180 degrees in that drop mount. And you would not be able to use the factory wiper cover. If you wanted a wiper cover with that other setup they make one. Clears with the drop braket but doesn't look factory. I can get you pictures of the part you trim its only about an inch or so. The cover should butt up flush with the riser but still bolt into its normal position.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 54

bteutsch

Here are some more pictures
b77d9de568e214250d63dbe3f0dc9b97.jpg

960d3027a496dae16c0ec2a4d2d89c50.jpg

49c705bc1bbba4a820138e33444addfb.jpg

bteutsch

You are welcome! Instructions came in the wild horses kit I bought. I think the same template can be downloaded from either wild horses or bestop websites. But I'm not sure. Wild horses could probably fax that part to you

Sporto

You are welcome! Instructions came in the wild horses kit I bought. I think the same template can be downloaded from either wild horses or bestop websites. But I'm not sure. Wild horses could probably fax that part to you

It's a straightforward modification, and well worth it when you need the visors while driving!

Good luck!

Rich

Toddpole

Contributor
bteutsch - That is a beautiful EB! I love the color.

bteutsch

Thanks!!! it's supposed to be the factory color Calypso Coral.